Entry 10

A/N: Hey guys, Lolly here! Sorry for not posting this sooner, but Sixth Form has been really hectic over the last week. If you read my comment a few weeks ago, you'll see that I got great exam results last year, and that I'm studying Art, Textiles, History and English Literature for my A-levels, so I've got heaps of work to do. Anyway, here is entry 10 (finally!!!!!), and I hope that it satisfies you. In the meantime, I'm writing entry 11, and hoping to get "Rumour" and "Cain" up and running, so when you finish this, please read those and comment - I want to know what you guys think.

So, without further ado, Entry 10. Lolly. <(')

Hinata Hyuga

Nobody walks the streets today. Of course, it is about 3 o'clock in the morning, so no wonder. There isn't a lonely feeling, though. Not like you'd expect. It's calm, refreshing. Quiet.

I'm nervous about the mission. Our briefing contained very little information, and seemed sort of last-minute to me. Like it hadn't been very well thought through. Though I do believe that, whatever this mission turns out to be, we'll all be okay.

Another thing. I'm a bit wary of Hana. She seems nice enough, but after what happened the other day, the way Kiba reacted, I'm not so sure. She's Naruto's cousin? Then where has she been for the last sixteen years? Why didn't Naruto tell me about her? I don't know anything about her. She's a mystery, and that alone makes me hesitant.

On the other hand, I guess I'll get to spend some more time with Naruto!!!

The gate is just ahead, but it looks like I'm the first to arrive. Not really surprising, considering I have this habit to turn up a little early.

"You're early, Hinata." A voice behind me croaks, and I turn around to see Hana, hanging upside down from a tree branch. "We're not due out for another two hours, you know."

I smile up at her as she turns out of the tree and her feet hit the ground softly. "I know. I just like to be well prepared. My squad usually leaves half an hour early, so I make sure to be there before then." At that, I drop my rucksack on the floor an begin to double check everything. "A medical nin must always be prepared for a worst-case scenario." I smile again, closing my eyes against any of those worst-case scenarios that always seem to be popping into my head. Loss of a hand, deep wounds, mass internal bleeding, someone dead...stop. I can't think like that. I'll go insane!

Hana Namikaze.

I study Hinata as she unpacks and repacks her medical gear, reminding myself that if I were to check my own packs just once more, it would be at least my fiftieth check since its issue a week ago. Hinata seems to be very familiar with all of the equipment, and though I can feel the nervousness rolling in waves over her shoulders, I can taste the experience in her movements. She knows what she's doing.

I don't much remember being a teenager of Hinata's and Naruto's age. Yes, they've become adults and fully-fledged ninja in their own rights, but they've yet to experience the absolute worst the world has to throw at them. Here, in the Village Hidden in the Leaves, they have been cared for, pampered even, by their sensei's and masters. They are lucky. I was not. I would be lying if I claimed not to envy them.

Hinata's body language screams of shyness. Her aura is bluish, fairly powerful, in terms of chakra. I know how her byakugan works from personal experience, and that is why I requested her presence on this mission. Whilst I am both a sensory and medical type ninja, I lack endurance and chakra. Kakashi and Naruto alone make up for my measly supply, but it is always nice to have a back-up, in case the situation demands it.