Chapter 11: Battle Of New York

3rd POV

By the time they had arrived Dr. Selvig had activated the CMS device, holding the Tesseract.

Jarvis speaks to Tony "Sir, I took off the arc reactor. The device is already self-sustained."

"Shut it down Dr. Selvig."

The doctor shakes his head vigorously "It's too late! It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe."

With a sigh Tony replies flatly "Okay."

Then he aims his arm up toward the CMS and fires. The energy from his suit fires with a loud deafening Crack! Selvig falls backwards dramatically.

Tony stares in disbelief at the CMS .. which annoyingly remains unharmed as Jarvis informs him "The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable. The Mark VII is not ready to be deployed."

"Skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock." Tony says with a sigh as he sees Elena down below looking at the sky with a tilted head when the Quinjet booms into the city, which he ignores.

"What is she waiting for?" Tony whispers confused as he sees Elena's men do the same, a few of them flanking the children.

They all look ready for a fight. He feels the jealousy flair up again and he does his best to tamper it back down.

Thor and Loki stand side by side together as Clint and Captain American follow suit on the grounds below just as the Tesseract's energy shots straight into the sky creating a wormhole into space.

The Chitauri army enters through the wormhole then, thousands of the Chitauri begin to fire at the New Yorkers who go running onto the streets in fear when the shooting begins.

While Tony try's to attack the Chitauri by using his weapons, Elena raises her hand and pushes her magic outwards hitting one of them with a clear light from her hand causing it to explode violently.

"Well, fuck." Roger mutters in surprise as he sees the kids doing something similar from beside Kol.

"Damn, she's good!" Natasha says under her breathe as she continues to fire against the Chitauri with the Quinjet.

"Oh, there's Bruce." Clint says simply after shooting one of them with his Arrow.

There are cars and buildings exploding throughout New York as the Chitauri attack the city, more come through the wormhole even as they continue to take them out.

When Bruce decides to Hulk out Elena runs towards him and yells, "Hulk, toss me towards that one!" She says as she jumps and he catches her quickly before tossing her towards the large Chitauri animal/carrier/ship thing.

Landing on top of it she places both of her hands on its head as it try's to throw her off when she forces energy out of the palms of her hands making it explode. The power of the explosion sends her flying across the sky.

Tony sees that and hurry's over towards her, catching her in his metal arms (iron? Whatever) before she can go flying through one of the large building windows or fall to her death (everyone can die right?). Unfortunately they also can also tell how nauseated she is feeling right about now and damn that's a difficult feeling when you have to keep moving.