Chapter 20 - Years Later

16 Years Later

The twins had turned nineteen and their younger siblings ages where scattered between 16 and 3 years old. Cain and Karl were the only twins out of the group of eight. Elena was hoping not to get pregnant again for a very long time if possible. Birth control has always been an off and on thing for her body. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. When she got pregnant last time she had been on one of those five year birth control things.

Jane was traveling across the universe with Thor while Loki dealt with anything 'intergalactic' that came around.

"I can't believe Nikki is going to be going into high school this year." Klaus says with a frown. "It's like just yesterday that she was born."

"You're telling me." Damon says with a chuckle. "Derek starts preschool tomorrow."

The others nod in agreement as they glance around to where the little kids are playing in the living room with Elena while the older ones are playing board games at the kitchen table with Kai.

"It's hard to imagine that we're here." Tyler admits as he looks at his three year old daughter on his lap playing with a stuffed toy.

"Well." Paul says with a quiet amused chuckle . "It's definitely been interesting."

——

10 Years Later

The youngest child had just turned ten years old. Some of their other children were starting families of their own or living the party life. A few of them still had to finish school. While their family had moments of frustration and quite a few explosive personalities they found that it works best for them to work with each other.

——
20 Years Later

While some of them still go out to get rid of threats or groups that are out to harm others the majority of it has been passed off to their children who have since become immortal to carry on with it. The older generation has sense declared themselves retired and are ready to just enjoy the littler things in life that they didn't enjoy before. Not that they were going to die in the first place. But they're ready to focus on hobbies and just enjoy being happy.

In some cases that meant waking up snuggled in bed together after a run around the tower the night before. For some it has been coming back home to a kiss on the cheek and comfort. It all varied between them but they always found ways to incorporate what each other needs in their days.

The End