Chapter 17 - Babies

The babies came around 8 1/2 months for Elena. They were technically twins except for the fact that they had different fathers and one was born with hair and blue eyes while the other was born with fuzz on its head and brown eyes. Both babies were boys, Elena and Kol decided on the name 'Karl Mikaelson' for his name. Then Kai and Elena decided on 'Cain Parker' for the other baby boys name.

Both babies were born in Stark Tower.

"Tony." Elena says quietly.

Tony shakes his head. "No, no I got this."

"They don't need two rooms each." She says soothingly to him. "One bedroom for each of them will be more then enough."

"But."

"She's right you know." Bruce says amused. "They don't need to have two rooms for themselves."

"But-."

Kol shakes his head also amused. "I have to agree with Elena on this one."

Tony tries to protest. "It would be."

"Tony." She says again smiling a little as she squeezes his hand gently. "I absolutely love you, but they're babies right now. When they grow up and get hobbies you can make them hobby rooms or something okay?"

He pouts and then sighs. "Fine. But when they're older then I get to set them up extra rooms."

Leah giggles into her hand as she lays her head on Jeremy's shoulder and squeezes Anna's hand. Then all of a sudden she feels her stomach contract again. "I think I'm going into labor."

Quickly everyone was in action, they brought her to the infirmary that has been prepped for child birthing the a month before.  She had ended up being in labor for about ten hours when her daughter was born. Between Anna, Jeremy and Leah, they decided to name her 'Julie Gilbert '

——
Following that there was a lot of baby proofing going on in Stark Tower. Each set of stairs had a gate placed and Jarvas was interestingly enough practicing speaking quietly. Although, it had been proven that the babies could sleep through explosions.

"Tyler." Elena says as she pinches the bridge of her nose.

"It was an experiment." He says with a shrug.

She rolls her eyes in annoyance. "You know that-"

"Elena." Tyler counters with a sigh. "They were in the other room when we tested it anyway and Jarvas was keeping an eye on them. Not that they could go anywhere considering they can't even crawl yet."

"Why not just bring them both back to me then?" She asks in frustration.

He sighs. "Because Damon and Bucky were saying that you needed to rest."

——

The babies were laying on the floor do the living room doing tummy time as Elena read to them while Leah sat on the couch with Baby Julie. When Cain started to coo Karl began to as well prompting Leah's daughter to start squirming to see what was going on.

"It's just your cousin." Leah says amused as she places the baby against her stomach so that Julie could try to watch. "See."

——

A week later they had the pack and plays out with them playing with the toys that hang from it. Karl was using one that has toy fish. Cain was using one that has zoo animals and Julie was using a pink one with stars.

Kai and Loki spend a lot of time around the kids making funny faces, or in Loki's case changing faces. Kol and Bucky like to carry them around and tell them stories. The twins like to play peek a boo with them a lot and so do Niklaus and Damon. Bruce reads science books to them while Tony try's to explain robotics and anything else. Tyler and Paul like to read them children books and Jasper enjoys singing them songs.

——

If I finish this story would you want there to be a small continuation of short stories.
Like a chapter or so of Elena in Harry Potter bouncing around the timeline?

Or would you rather it just be finished?

I have three more chapters left.