Chapter 13 - Pregnancy

3rd POV

It's been close to a month since they all found out about Elenas and Leahs pregnancy's. They have an ultrasound/prenatal care room set up along with a room for the birthing when it comes time for that. However that is assuming that they will be able to use it. Things rarely follow any of their plans after all.

Elena was sitting in the main living room with Leah and Anna as they looked through baby magazines. The boys were busy elsewhere, taking Alec and Jane out around New York.

She's going to have to bring Fort Parties back BIG TIME, for defeating enemies. Then there's the fact that Leah and her are pregnant right now, it's not exactly when she would've planned it and she's honestly a bit terrified of something possibly happening to their babies but they won't let anything happen to them.

"Ugh, how can I choose? I do like the yellow blankets though, but the white ones with the lace trimmings are nice too." Leah mutters to herself causing Elena and Anna to chuckle lightly as they look at their other sister. "What? That way it can be a surprise, we don't need to know the gender right now do we?

"there's no problem with deciding to wait until they're born to find out any of that stuff. But you will still need to get the baby a crib, a car seat, few pairs of clothes for before the birth, like a couple onesies, some newborn diapers and diaper bags. Then of course you need to decide if you'll be breastfeeding or not."

"I'm so excited!" Anna squeals as she hugs Leah happily. "We're going to be parents!"

Leah smiles at her and tucks her into her side as she points to a picture in the magazine. "This crib is really cute."

Elena looks over and glances at it, she's not wrong, it's a very nice looking crib and it appears to be sturdy too. "It even has a changing table, that's nice."

"Do we need to have a changing table?" Anna asks and she gently grabs the magazine from Leah.

Elena smiles at them and shakes her head at her sisters, "No, it will be fine as long as you're changing the baby on a solid surface."

"Have you guys heard from Rebekah, Caroline or Bonnie lately?" Anna asks with a frown as she looks at her phone and then back at them.

With a frown Leah shakes her head, Elena bites her lip as she thinks. "A few weeks ago, they've been busy and Rebekah is going to be giving birth in two months now I think. ."

"Oh yeah, the time seems to be moving faster over there." Anna mutters with a hum.

Elena gags and rushes to the bathroom, leaning over the toilet as she throws up while holding her hair out of the way. Across the city her mates all rush into the bathrooms as they try to hold back the need to throw up as well.

In the once icy cyro-tube Bucky finds himself waking up quite forcefully as he feels the affects from his mates past begins override his body causing the whole system in the Hydra base to short-circuit. Disoriented Bucky breaks himself out of the water filled tube, as water rushes out onto the floor the doctors that were in the room back away.

The magic fluttering through Bucky's mind is trying to re-move the commands that Hydra has been forcing on him for decades as he walks on sluggishly, a dangerous forcefield that he's unaware of is surrounding him from harm as the Hydra guards try to subdue him quickly. He is their asset after all. By the time he gets to the exit the concrete floors are stained with blood and the bodies of Hydra personal are laying lifelessly all around the length of base.

As he somehow manages to stumble out the front door the bottom levels of the building collapse, forcing others assets that are hidden on the lower levels to wake up as well. Kind of like being in a chance he doesn't stop moving forward as he walks on. When he finally stops and lays on the ground he knows that he has no idea where he is, he's still not sure of his own name as he drifts off to sleep and his mind continues correcting itself, only after does he see his previous memories.

In Tony's lab the Avengers and the new occupants of the building are watching the Ultrasound as Dr. Banner moves the device over Leahs stomach. Elena squeals in excitement as she sees her little niece or nephew on the monitor. Water starts to build up in Leahs eyes as she looks at the image of the baby that's lazing around in her stomach.

Jeremy squeezes his mates hand as he also tucks an amazed Anna into his side as they watch they're baby wiggle around. On the monitor Bruce looks to see what the heart-rate is for the growing baby.

"That's not to fast is it?" Anna asks worriedly as she sees the number one hundred and thirty-five pop up on the monitor as the sound of the little heartbeat comes through the speaker.

Bruce shakes his head with a smile as he looks towards the worried soon to be parents. "No, that's perfectly normal actually. The baby seems to be healthy."

"I'm gonna have a niece or nephew!" Elena says happily as she claps when a wave of nausea hits her and unfortunately her mates as well.

Quickly she gets to the bathroom and hurls as she hears them muttering. "We're going to need to start carrying around bags to throw up in." Tony says irritably as she turns on the sink and wipes her face.

Jeremy starts chuckling then he lets out a sigh as his sisters mates whack him on the back of the head much to his own mates amusement.

"Is there a known way to stop. . feeling whatever she's feeling? My powers can't even seem to dampen them." Loki asks curiously as he sees his brother talking loudly with Jane and Alec

"No, not that we're currently aware of." Elena says with a sigh as she walks out of the bathroom looking irritated, the last time she had morning/all day sickness this badly was when she was pregnant with her twins.

Bruce clears this throat, "We should probably do your ultrasound too and see how far along you are right now."

With a nod Elena lays down on the comfy table thinger they have for this. As Bruce grabs the Gel he looks uncertain for a second before she glances at him again.

"This will be a little cold." Bruce says softly after she lefts up her shirt and lowers her pants slightly so that he can properly check for the baby.

There is a small petite bump on her stomach where he places the Gel. As he moves the device around he sees the baby. . .correction, he sees the babies, as in plural.

He clears his throat as she looks at the monitor with a frown, his eyes focus on her as the other mates gape at the image in surprise. "You're having twins."

Elena swallows thickly as the last time she had been pregnant with twins flashes through her mind, her mates feel the subtle fear that shoots through her as she tries to hide it. Their eyes turn to her in worry as she takes a deep breath to hide her urge to cry, she's not sure if she should cry or laugh.

"Look at that, you're an over achiever." Jeremy says playfully. "You got my nieces or nephews in there."

"I bet they're boys." Damon says with a smirk as he winks at Elena.

"I am thinking it'll be a girl and a boy." Tyler adds as he shrugs.

"Aren't you supposed to get heart burn if it's a girl?" Kai asks with a frown, he hasn't felt any heart burn through her.

Elena chuckles in amusement as they start arguing over what they believe the genders are going to be. She's undecided about whether or not she wants to know the gender first but she supposed they can discuss that together and decide.

"Not necessarily." She says with a smirk, "that's more of an old wives tale."

"Doesn't stop people from assumptions based on said tales though love."

"There are ways to know for sure, in the olden days depending on the family they would use magic to determine what the gender of the new baby would be." Kol says with a small smile as he grabs Elenas hand.

Kai jumps up excitedly, "we should try that trick with a string and a quarter to see if she's having a boy or a girl."

"She's having twins, that wouldn't exactly be accurate even if it does work." Tyler adds with a chuckle.

Tony snorts and waves his hand dismissively "That's also a old wives tale, the string and quarter thing doesn't work."

"I am content not knowing, maybe when I hit around twenty weeks or something we can check." Elena says with a small amused chuckle as she stands up and walks over towards Jane and Alec. She's going to have to call her Aunt Jenna soon too.