Twenty Nine

I slightly open the door and stare at Issac. He stares miserably at the wall, muttering harsh words to himself- looking at the wall in...fear.

I don't think he notices I'm secretly watching him, but if he did, he didn't do anything about it either. I just watch him, until I realize how stupid I am and run over to him.

"A-are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

He continues to stare at the wall, ignoring me.

"Please. Issac, I want to help you. Please don't shut me out or push me away. I've had enough people do it to me anyway." By people, I secretly meant Mason. Clearly, I was overreacting like usual, but it got his attention.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, feeling down.

I want to give him a hug, I know he needs one. I'm just not sure if he wants one. That would've been embarrassing, so I sat down next to him, slightly staring at him whiles he stared at the wall.

"Did you have a nightmare again?" I ask quietly, noticing his hand shaking once in a while.

"Yes." He replies simply, clearly not interested in where the conversation is heading.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I say, not knowing what else to tell him. "Uh...what was it about?"

I widen my eyes at my question. "Wait- don't answer that! I'm sorry-"

He interrupts me with a chuckle and slightly smiles, which makes me smile in the inside. "It's fine. It was about my...father. You know the police stuff- it hurts me. I tried to hide it, but honestly, I'm stressed out about it."

"Why?" I can't help but ask.

"Because, my father was arrested. He punched a police officer, just like I did, and the police officer attacked him, just like how I was attacked." He sighs. "And he was trying to hurt me."

"Aisha, he was trying to hurt you, too."

I just nod. "It's okay." I remember when he said something about him being heartbroken- by a girl- he told me he would tell me when we get my house, but I decided that it would be the best if I didn't bring it up right now.

"You know, I had nightmares too." I suddenly say unexpectedly. He turns his head and looks at me.

"Really?" He ask, he voices cracks a bit.

I nod. "Yes. My nightmares were crazy though. I had nightmares of Mason- in fact, I still have them. They don't come as often though."

"I see." He turns his head back the wall and sighs.

"Where were you anyway?"

"I was making Ava and Jonas macaroni and cheese. They're good though. I left them both with a spoon of Nutella and some strawberries." I say, and earn a little chuckle from Issac.

Silence takes upon us, and I wonder in thought, how did he father get arrested anyway? Maybe he stole something and was caught.

I move my gaze to the floor, staring at nothing whiles I tried to think positively about the situation.

Izzy. Travis can't watch Issac's little sister for the whole day- Travis said he could only watch her for a few minutes.

I need it go get Izzy. Maybe she can stay at my house for a little bit? She would get along with Ava and Jonas- especially Ava. After all, they are all 4-year-olds.

"Issac, I almost forgot about Izzy. I'll ask Travis to bring her to my house. When you leave my house you can take her with you."

Travis could also just take Issac and bring him to his house with Izzy in the car, but I don't want him to leave. Not now at least.

"Okay." He simply replies.

*****

Izzy walks into my house with a bright smile. "Hi sister! Hi angry weirdo!" She chirps happily.

"Hi Iz!" I smile at her, enjoying her nickname for her brother.

"Shut up, Izzy. You always have something to say." Issac scoffs.

"You shut up! You always have something to say!" She says, sticking her tongue out at him and crossing her tiny arms. She's just like Ava.

Travis leaves after I give him a cold bottle of water and some cinnamon rolls, which I forced him to take, and now I am left with my two siblings and the Armstrong siblings.

"Want some macaroni and cheese, Iz?" I ask her. She nods.

"Yes please!" She smiles.

"Oh, so you only have manners when it comes to Pink?" Issac asks.

"No. I only have manners for people that aren't big dummies like you!" She erupts into cute giggles, and I didn't miss the bright smile that landing on Issac's face.

I walk her over to the kitchen and set down a bowl or macaroni and cheese in front of her.

"Do you like orange juice Izzy?" I ask, putting a folk inside her bowl and putting a napkin in front of her.

"Yes! Who doesn't?" She smiles, as I pour orange juice into a cup for her.

"Who's that, Ash?" Ava asks, dipping her strawberry into the Nutella.

"Issac's little sister, Izzy." I turn to Izzy. "And Izzy, these are my little siblings. Jonas." I say, pointing to Jonas. "And Ava." I say, pointing to Ava. "Say hi!"

"Hello! I like your hair!" Ava says.

"Hi! I like yours too!" Izzy happily chirps.

"Hi Jonas." Izzy says, remembering him.

"Hey." He replies simply. I left the three of them to chill in the kitchen, and I decided to go back to my room to relax. I was exhausted.

I walk back into my room to Issac sleeping again. His eyes are peacefully closed and his head is lying on my favorite pillow- again.

I wanted to ask him if he was hungry, but I decided against it, knowing that I should just wait until he wakes up.

He looked heavenly made- beautiful, and I couldn't resist. I stood in front of him and moved his hair into his face, slightly playing with it, making sure he wouldn't wake up.

I stopped playing his hair and grabbed my camera, taking many pictures of him before moving away from him.

"So cute." I hummed to myself, looking at the pictures on my camera.

Then something surprising happened. I turned back around to look at him again, and his eyes were opened, smiling at me.

Shoot, he wasn't asleep at all.

• • •

I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Until the next,
Mmie