Thirty Eight

I finally got the courage to walk out of the bathroom. My heart was still pounding. Even after the talk that I had with Maddie, my heart was still hurting so bad...falling apart. I couldn't lose her though. If I lose her, I'll have no grandmothers left... I think. Grandma really was going to leave me.

I walked around the place, confused and not remembering where I was until I saw Issac, standing there, tapping his foot harshly, and becoming more and more angry at a man that works there.

"This is unacceptable," I heard Issac say. "Why do I have wait in a long line like this? You're acting like I'm at a Drake concert or something. It's not even Black Friday yet." I shake my head at what he said, but nonetheless smile and walk over to him.

"There you are, I was so worried. What took you so long?" He asks, sharply turning his attention from the man to me.

"Well..." I say. Actually, what did take me so long? I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn't say it. Maybe it the invasion of privacy, the man was just standing there, eavesdropping or something.

"Excuse me? Bye!" Issac says to the man, and the man walks away. Now that the man left, I felt a bit more confident in myself. We basically were at the back of the line, and there was a good distance.

"My grandmother is in serious condition." I say, staring at the floor. "Again."

His expression softened. "Your grandmother? I'm so sorry. I haven't even had the chance to meet her."

"Yeah, I know. Look, she's probably gone by now. It feels like everybody just wants to leave me." I look back up at him. "Will you leave me?"

He stared at me. "What?"

"Will you leave me? Will you let me go?" I felt stupid when that came out to my mouth, but I needed to know.

"I...can't say no. Even if I would be by your side, I'd eventually die, young or old. But I can tell you that I don't plan on leaving you any time soon." He says, smiling weakly at me.

And then, I reached in a basically bumped into him. But nonetheless, he wrapped his warm arms around me in a huge hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm so awkward. I didn't mean to bump into you and fall, it was a hug. Look, I-"

"Shut up." He says, still hugging me, and I wrap my arms around him too.

"Did you just try to shush me?"

"Yes, Pink. I really did." Issac says, his voice sounds happy. Then his voice immediately changed to a sad one. "You know, you could head up to the hospital. We could meet up later."

"What? No. As much as I want it be there, I promised you that I would stay here with you. And I meant it. I'm not going anywhere without you."

"Excuse me," A voice says. "Are you going to move up or what? Stop trying to get with that Pink haired weird girl and just move. You're up." A man behind us says, quite rudely too. I knew Issac and his big mouth was going to say something, so I just nodded and grabbed his hand, leading him to the front desk.

When we got up there, a lady wearing a blue and black dress looked up from her screen. She smirked at Issac and me.

"Hello darlings," She says, smiling quite largely. "I suppose I remember you, Issac. I remember you too, Aisha. That officer blabbed a lot about you guys. Anyway, call me Mrs. Linda. I signed your documents already and your name in the computer, uhm, basically a few police officers want to talk to Issac, and bring up some sort of personal things. Aisha, you could sit in that couch over there. Issac, head on to the room that's in my right." She says, very fast and quickly.

"What? But I want Pink- I mean Aisha to come with me." Issac replies.

"I'm sorry, they asked for you to only show up."

"It's okay, I can wait. Good luck." I say, facing Issac. He sighs in defeat and nods his head before heading to the room. I say goodbye to Mrs. Linda and sit down on a small couch. I bring my head into my arms and feel the need to cry.

The only thing that came to my mind was Grandma. Ugh. So many bad things were happening and all I really wanted to do was have a crying party in the shower by myself. I felt stupid. Everything was going downhill, and now not only would I have to deal with Amber and her dumb friends, I have to deal with her sister too.

All I really wanted to do was sulk in this couch and forget about all my problems. This isn't where I wanted to be, and I never wanted to be here. Not at the police station, but what's happening in my life really is bringing me down.

Why do I have the last name Brave when I'm really not brave? Why-

"Hey, long time no see." A voice says.

"What do you mean, Issac? We saw each other seconds ago." I say, starting to have a bad feeling about however this was. I didn't want to lift my head up, I was scared to see the person myself.

"It's not Issac? Whoever that is? It's Mason. Look at me." I kept my head down. Mason? Oh God no. Anybody but my ex boyfriend. Memories start flooding my mind. I got up quickly and was about to exit the building and wait for Issac in the car when he grabbed my hand back.

"Aisha?"

"Mason." I say, looking back at him and frowning. I take my hand away from his and shake my head. "What?"

"Sheesh, I wanted to say hi. How's everything?"

"Are you kidding me? You wanted to say hi? No way. Go say hi to your Ms. Perfect Body and Hair."

"Who's that?"

"Nessa. The girl you cheating on me with. You're sick if you think I'm gonna start talking to you again. After what you did? I rather die than do that."

"You've changed. A lot."

"Did you think I was going to be the same dork that actually loved you? You thought wrong. Just leave me alone. Don't ever talk to me." I say. I turn around and start walking to the exit. I hate Mason so much, that you wouldn't even believe it.

"Rude." And that's all it took. I stop in my tracks and face him.

"Rude?" I ask, shocked that he actually said such a thing. I start walking back over to him. "Rude? Cheating on me was nice? Insulting me and leaving me for days and then coming back was nice? Shutting me out was nice? Using me was nice? Never loving me was nice? Who in the world do you think you are?"

Mason shook his head at me. "You're overreacting. I already said sorry."

A side of me that I never wanted to show came out. "Do you know how my life went after you left? I was broken. Blossom was the only person that I would talk to. I was hurt, okay? Hurt. I called you days and nights and not reply. So I gave up. And now you're back. I'm overreacting?" I say, I felt my face heat up. The tears that I've been trying to hide fell from my face. "I can't believe you."

He stood there, not feeling any regret for what he has done to me. In fact, he seemed quite happy. I could see a smirk on his face as he stood in front of me, staring at me hungrily.

"I see that you've stopped wearing those wigs." He says. "Maybe you shouldn't have."

"W-what.." I start, but stop myself. "Mason, you-"

"Pink, I'm back. They just gave me a boring lecture on why jail isn't a good place to be or whatever. Let's go now-" He saw the tears on my face.

"What?" Issac asks confusingly until he sees Mason. "You. It's all you."

A/N: Phew, this was a long chapter! 1,000+ words! Anyway, this book reached 300 reads! Thank you sooo much! It means the world to me and I'm so glad that you guys are reading this book and that you guys are giving it a chance. Please read my other book "Living in the Real Dream" which is dedicated for Cameron Boyce- even if it's not the best. Since you gave this book a chance, give that book a chance too. Again, thank you so much you guys! I'm also thinking about redoing the cover again! :)

EDIT: I did something quick but it's not the best- check the cover out and let me know what you think!

Until the next,
Mmie