Thirty Seven

My heart skipped a beat just because of that kiss. On my forehead. I sighed at my stupidity, and looked up at him.

"Is that true?" I ask. He nods. "Oh, well that's nice." We arrive at his car, and I take a seat in it.

"So, what do you want to do?" He asks, looking over at me, sitting in the driver seat.

"I'm sort of hungry I guess." I say with a shrug.

"Wanna go out to eat?" Issac asks.

"Sure-" Suddenly his phone started vibrating. The song "Fake Love" started playing.

I quirk an eyebrow at him. "Drake?" I listen to Drake a lot, he's one of my favorite artists, I was just curious to find out whether Issac liked listening to him too.

"My cousin did that." He says, clicking the answer button. "Mom?" He asks, his voice stating confusion. He held the phone to his ears. I heard his mother say something, but I wasn't quite sure what it was.

"Okay, okay! It's on speaker." Issac says, his voice showed a bit of annoyance.

"Hey strawberry!" His mother says.

"Hello Mrs. Armstrong!"

"I'm pretty sure something happened to Issac on Sunday? Last week. What happened?"

Without thinking, I shrug and answer her question. "Issac got stopped by the police."

There was silence, and then I regretting saying that without thinking.

"He what? Issac!"

"It was an accident." Issac says.

"I don't care. What happened?"

"The police officer stopped me for no reason."

His mother sighed of relief. "Okay then. I'm still mad that you got stopped, but I'm happy that you didn't commit a crime."

Issac shook his head.

"Don't take after your father please. I can't lose you like how I lost him." She says, before hanging up.

The car was silent. Issac gripped the wheel, but the car wasn't moving. We were still at the club.

"I'm sorry," I say, silently, putting my hand on his arm. "I should've thought about it before I said something. Sorry."

He turns to look at me. "I'm not mad at you. You don't have to apologize."

"Then what's wrong?"

"My mother's going to start thinking about my father again. She's going to have a breakdown again. The bad thing though is that she has a baby in her stomach."

"I'm sorry. I just thought she should know." I say truthfully.

"Again, it's okay. You don't need to apologize, she should know."

I look at his face, not saying anything. I knew saying something would've been bad. I also knew that doing something would've been bad too. But what I didn't know was that Issac was going to start driving- which probably doesn't sound like a bad thing, but it actually is.

He gripped the wheel again, starting the car and driving speedily on the road. For a second I thought he was joking, but he clearly wasn't.

"What the heck Issac!"

"My bad..." He says, smiling a bit at my reaction, but going back to driving normally.

Soon we reach the police station. We walk into the sitting area, noticing how busy it seemed to be today. Just as Issac and I were about to reach the front desk, my phone starting ringing.