𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆

"Well, why did you leave your home where it's safe? The outside world isn't all rainbows and sunshines if that's what you were expecting," you say as he looks down.

"I-I need to go somewhere," Akaashi confesses as you raise a brow.

"Where?" Looking up at you, Akaashi feels his heart beating. Although he had known you for less than a day, his instincts were telling him that he could tell you. However, following his brain instead of his heart he decides to not say.

"None of your business," he scowls as he sits down and starts to play with his fingers. 'My wedding is in a few days and if I'm kept as a prisoner, I won't be able to go to the garden or my own wedding,' he depressingly thinks and irritatingly stares at your figure. 'I came and risked my life to get out here and now I'm here... so, I need to go to the garden while I still can! I can't just give up,' he determinedly thinks. Seeing the change in his eyes, you raise a brow.

"What?"

"I need you to take me somewhere."

"Excuse me? You do know that you're my prisoner, right?" you ask as he smirks.

"Well, you should know that my guards are probably searching for me right now and once they find us, they'll do the absolute worst things to you," he says as you just listen with an unamused face.

"And?? You do know that I'm planning to give you back, right? I have no use of just babysitting you for the rest of my life. What I'm going to do is give you back for the reward they'll be giving out to whoever returns the prince," you say as Akaashi shakes his head.

"Then I'll just tell them that you're the one who kidnapped me," he threatens as your brow raises.

"Then I won't be returning you and I'll sell you off to some thugs." Akaashi frowns.

"Well, instead of all of that! I have an offer," he says as you quietly listen. "If you take me to the place that I need to go to and return me home in two days, I will give you money, allow you to go free and I will forgive you for your wrong doings."

"I don't need you to forgive me--"

"I won't burn you alive or behead you!" You think to yourself. It was a pretty good offer; you get money, don't get to go to jail, and maybe you'll finally get to live a life of being free. However, you couldn't trust him completely.

"Well, where do you want to go then?" you ask as Akaashi's eyes widen at your interest but is delighted. Taking the paper out of his coat, he sets it down beside you.

"I would like you to assist me to the Garden of Eternity--"

"From the book?" Your eyes widen as he gives you a face for interrupting him. "Haha, sorry boo. Continue."

"Yes, I have a map and I would like you to assist me because I don't know my way around. However, since you are familiar with the kingdom and have some defensive skills, I guess I'm going to need you to take me." You raise a brow.

"Sounds like a lot of work."

"Well, I need to get there before my wedding in three days!"

"Wedding? Our prince is getting married so soon! I'm guessing you're trying to get a flower and give it to her in order to have everlasting love," you tease as he gives you a scowl.

"So, will you do it or not?" he asks as you look at the map.

'This was the last page I was always missing in my book,' you think as you remember how you used to dream of going to the garden as well. However, it was a mystery of how to get there unless you had the map. 'My last dream before I was thrown into reality.' As you look, you see how a lot of the places looked familiar, yet it was always still difficult to find. Tilting your head up, you stare at Akaashi; there was hope in his eyes. It was a similar look that you had back then. However, the thought of building your hopes of becoming a free woman and going to the Garden of Eternity—knowing that it all might not work—scared you.

"Sorry, pretty boy, but you're asking the wrong person," you reject which causes Akaashi's hopes to crash down. Out of anger, Akaashi suddenly takes the knife that is in the pocket of your thigh and holds it towards your neck.

"If you didn't know; I am your prince--heir to the throne. I command you to take me whether you want to or not," he threatens. Staring into his beautiful turquoise eyes, you see the seriousness in him.

"You're pretty tough, huh, prince?" You smirk which catches him off guard. Quickly, you slap the knife out of his hands, kick his body, and slam his back on the ground. Now, you were on top of him while holding onto his wrists as he lays beneath you. "Listen, here. I don't care about rankings. You may be the prince to some, but not me. The royal family has done nothing for me to acknowledge you. On top of it all, there is no hope for anyone outside of the castle who isn't a noble. Not even God is choosing to help us. So, you're going to be a good boy and keep your mouth shut if you want to go home because that's the only thing you can rely on right now," you harshly say in front of his face. Your breath was warm against his face and it smelt like coffee.

'No hope?' Getting off of him, you grab his tied wrists and tied another rope to connect it with your left wrist.

"We're sleeping here tonight." Akaashi just stares as the night owls hoot and crickets chirp. The person he saw was not the playful and mischievous thief he thought you were; he saw a girl who was filled with zero hope or compassion.

"N/n-san." Upon hearing your name being called, you lazily turn your head. "Whether or not you think there is hope in this world and God makes everything happen for a reason... I will make sure to become a king where you will be proud enough to say that you live in this kingdom." Your eyes widen as you both stare at each other. Grabbing the map and putting it into his coat, Akaashi uncomfortably lies down on the ground to sleep. Forcing a chuckle, you look up at the starry sky.

'Don't give me hope.'

Date: 07 July 2020