𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒐𝒖𝒕

"Where are you taking me, N/n-san?" Akaashi asks as you continue hopping from branch to branch.

"Just a little hideout." You let out a little smirk. Looking around, Akaashi's eyes widen when he sees that the trees are only getting taller and taller and you're jumping higher and higher. Unconsciously, he looks down and his heart races when seeing how far you both were from the ground. Probably, 100ft above the ground.

"N-N/n--"

"Don't tell me you looked down and now you're scared?" you tease as Akaashi tenses up.

"I-I'm not!" He blushes and holds you tighter which only puts a bigger smile on your face.

"No worries, Prince. I won't let you fall." You grin as you hold him tighter and finally jump onto the last branch. "I'm going to let you go now, okay big guy?"

"D-don't call me that! And aren't we still in the trees? Why did you go up so high?!" he worriedly asks as you chuckle.

"Didn't I say I was taking you to a hideout? Why have a hideout on ground level when you could have it in the sky?" you excitedly ask and put him down. "Don't worry, you won't fall." The branch was as large as the road which surprised Akaashi. As he hesitantly stands straight, he looks up to see the entire kingdom and a nearby waterfall.

"W-woah," he whispers to himself as he tries to enhance the scenery. "This is a better view than the one I have at the castle." Turning to look at his face, you can't help but let out a grin seeing how surprised yet peaceful he looked.

"Let's go, babe. Although you won't fall, it isn't the safest to stay here." You grab his wrist and pull him towards the trunk of the tree. As you both are walking hand in hand, Akaashi looks around and slowly starts to notice a little house behind all of the leaves.

'A treehouse?' he excitedly thinks to himself. 'Wow, the world really is beautiful!' Once you both get in, he sees a simple room with a bed, table, and kitchen-like area. "Do you perhaps live here?" Akaashi asks as you blush.

"W-well... Since it's not like you'd ever be able to get up here and tell someone where I live, then yes. I live here, Prince Akaashi! Congratulations on being the first person to ever see where I live!" You smirk as Akaashi's eyes widen.

'The first person ever?' he repeats in his head as he watches you walk towards the table and unpacking the bag.

"Here, eat your onigiris!" You set the paper bag on the table as Akaashi hesitantly sits on the opposite chair. Taking an onigiri into his hands, he stares at it before taking a huge bite. Suddenly, his entire body fills with happiness.

'This is the best onigiri I have ever tasted!' he satisfyingly thinks to himself, 'I need to know who makes these so I can have them work in the castle!' Watching his dreamily expression brings a little smile on your face that you try to hide.

'Why does he look like a kid who just received a puppy on Christmas day?' you think to yourself and let out a silent chuckle. "So, Prince Akaashi-san," you call out which catches his attention. "Why didn't you rant me out?" His eyes widen before he looks back at his delicious meal.

"Because... I can tell you aren't a bad person," Akaashi bluntly responds which surprises you.

"H-huh?"

Taking a deep breath, Akaashi replies, "I don't know how to explain it but, if you were a bad person, I wouldn't be alive right now. Or I would at least be injured. However, you're the only person I can really trust in the outside world and..." He pauses before looking straight into your eyes. "I want to help you."

"Help me?" Your eyes widen. "How could you help me? Don't you want to go home and get married to your fiance?" you hesitantly laugh.

"Yes, but if I want to become a good king, I need to personally know my people and help them to be the best that they can be. That's what kings do, guide and support their people," Akaashi continues to seriously say which gives you shivers down your spine. "I know you're a good person deep down besides what others say about you or what crimes you've committed. And as your future king, I'm going to change you because I have hope in you--whether you want it or not!" What Akaashi says causes your fingers to feel the tension from your stomach as you both continue staring at each other in silence.

'Hope in me?' you repeat in your head. Examining Akaashi, it was clear that he was not joking at all which makes you let out a little laugh. "You're honestly so amazing, babe." The compliment breaks Akaashi's seriousness.

"H-huh?"

"The Garden of Eternity, I know where it is," you suddenly announce which surprises Akaashi.

"W-wait, what?"

"I did my research when we were at T camp," you explain as you take the map out of your pocket.

"Y-you stole it from me?!"

"I did. You should know, I'm a professional criminal!" You wink before looking at him seriously. "Tomorrow, I'll take you there, Prince," you say. 'It's the least I can do if you're willing to be the only person who has hope in me.' Although you could be lying and this could potentially be some sort of trap, Akaashi trusted you. He couldn't put his finger on why you easily gained his trust within the past few days, but he trusted your words.

Date: 17 July 2020