𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕

The carriage slowly comes to a stop and the back opens revealing a tall angry bird and a familiar, brown haired boy.

"So, who's going to carry her, Futakuchi senpai?" the angry bird innocently asks as the brown haired boy groans.

"I guess that's going to be me then," Futakuchi mumbles.

You roll your eyes.

'If neither of you want to carry me, just untie my legs and let me walk,' you silently think.

Easily, he lifts your body over his shoulder with your face against his back. You wince from the impact and groan in pain due to all of your injuries the king and Jonzenji caused.

"Oh, sorry," Futakuchi apologizes with no hint of empathy.

"Senpai, you should be more gentle! She has injuries all over her body!"

"It's okay, Kogane. She's about to fall to her death anyway," Futakuchi answers back and walks towards the Kamomedai cliff.

On the way, two boys are walking with grocery bags in their hands and they immediately take notice of the three of you. Worried, they run towards you guys.

"Oi! What are you guys doing with her?!" the white haired boy asks.

Futakuchi gives a stoic expression.

"Throwing her off the cliff."

Another brown haired boy with curls stops Futakuchi in his steps.

"You shouldn't do that. The cliff is 100 feet tall or even higher. If you guys throw her, she won't be able to survive!" he worriedly warns.

"Wah! That's scary!" Kogane frowns and with pity, looks over at you.

'100 feet tall?! Hopefully I won't be able to feel a thing.'

"Yeah! Plus, what gives you the right to do this to her?! Everyday people are losing their lives due to illnesses and people like you guys! Don't do this to another perso--"

"King Akaashi's orders," Futakuchi interrupts, "now get out of our way. We need to get through, shortie."

Ouch that one hurted. Being short is not bad. It's adorable. ):

The curly brown haired boy holds the shorter one back.

"Sachirou, let me at him!! Guards of the king or not, no one deserves to die like that!" he angrily yells and struggles to get out of Hirugami's grasps.

"Kourai-kun, as much as I agree with you, they're armed," Hirugami worriedly responds and gives you a sad look.

It was obvious that the two residents of Seagull's beach experience horrific things that many other HQ civilians have. Feeling your heart warm up at the boys' efforts, a small smile appears on your lips. Looking over to Kogane, you motion him to take off the fabric over your mouth. Kindly, he does.

"What are you doing, Kogane?!"

Taking in a few breaths, you give the two boys a smile.

"It's alright, Kourai-kun, Sachirou-kun," you say to the two, "I'm... not the person you may think I am. I've done a lot of horrible things in my life and am a criminal. So, don't worry you two."

Although the words came off your tongue as calmly as you possibly could, you couldn't help but feel like weeping like a child.

"Even so!" Hoshiumi bursts, "You acknowledge what you've done wrong! You don't deserve to die just because you've sinned."

"Everyone is allowed to be forgiven. We're all human," Hirugami adds.

A tear falls out of your left eye and before you could respond, Futakuchi groans.

"Whether you all are right or wrong, it's the King's orders," he stubbornly says one last time before making his way towards the cliff.

To avoid witnessing the sad looks of the other boys, you turn your face down and tears fall. With every step, you are closer to your death. More tears rapidly start to fall to the ground, leaving a trail behind Futakuchi, until he comes to a stop.

"I'm sorry," he genuinely apologizes, indicating that he's already reached the tip of the cliff.

You had experienced death at the step of your door once when you were a child and just like that time, your life flashes through your mind. So many images of Akaashi are shown from all of the precious memories and you bite your lips to prevent you from weeping out loud.

'I don't want to die! Please God; not yet. Give me another chance to live and see him smile more!'

As you're about to be dropped down the cliff, loud hoof steps rapidly race your guys' way and a loud 'neigh' is heard. As Futakuchi turns around to look, you both are pushed to the side--away from the end of the cliff. You both loudly groan from the harsh impact.

"What was tha--"

Futakuchi stops with a sword pointing at him.

"Prin--"

"Let her go," a familiar voice harshly commands and Futakuchi immediately does as he says and moves away from you.

"Y-yes, your majesty!"

Upon hearing the title, you slowly open your eyes but are engulfed with a warm hug instead.

"F/n... F/n... I'm so sorry!" the boy cries and digs his face into your bruised neck. "I'm sorry I came late."

Your cheeks flood with tears and you tightly grip the boy's body.

"No, you made it just in time, Keiji!" you cry along with him.

Pushing your body away from his, Akaashi crashes his soft lips on your bloody, red ones. This shocks you and you push him away.

"K-Keiji! You h-have a fianc--wait!! Your wedding should be right now! What are you doing her--"

You're interrupted again with another kiss. This time, he ends it and smiles even though tears continue to drip down his beautiful face.

"You idiot. You were just about to fall off a 100 feet cliff to your death and you're worried about a stupid wedding that I don't even want?"

"What do you mean? You've been waiting for that moment for so long?!" you frustratedly ask.

You didn't know if you were happy, sad, or confused anymore, but being in Akaashi's arms made you feel secure.

"A wedding is something I have been waiting for a long time, but Aoki-san is not the one I'm in love with."

"Then who--"

For the third time, you're interrupted with another kiss, but this time, you gladly kiss him back. After the long and passionate kiss, Akaashi slowly pulls back and rests his forehead against yours.

"It's you, idiot. You're the one who stole my heart!"

A/N:

I honestly feel like Hoshiumi and Hirugami would be kind enough to stop an uncivil act from happening n' that's why I added them in. They're literally outgoing and kind hearted seagulls who need recognition. I love them both so much! 🥺❤️

Date: 30 August 2020