𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆

Thinking that he had successfully snuck in, Akaashi hops out of the carriage to immediately be surrounded by guards.

"Wh—"

"You're coming with us, Prince Akaashi!" Sakusa harshly says while holding one of his arms and Komori holding the other.

"Where are you taking me? Let me go!"

Ignoring the prince's questions, the two guards force Akaashi into the great hall where the king awaits.

"Let go of m—"

"King Akaashi-sama, we have brought the prince!" Iizuna announces when the gigantic doors open.

Immediately, an enraged face was present on the King.

"Father—"

"Where have you been and what have you done?!" the King harshly interrogates.

"I apologize, Father bu—"

"An apology isn't going to cut it!" The King slams his hand against the armrest of his chair. "From here on out, you will be monitored at all times!"

"What?! I need privacy, Father! I'm no longer a child--"

"Well, you certainly continue acting like one!" the king yells, "you've not only brought trouble to your parents, but Aoki-san and the entire wedding staff. Thi--you... You are an embarrassment to the royal family!!" Anger got the best of King Akaashi that words he never wanted to say or meant to say came from his tongue. 

Everyone slightly gasped at the king's words; however, the king--himself--was the most shocked. Due to his pride, he kept his glare.

Kozume, especially, worriedly gazed at his friend. Tightening his fist, Akaashi averted his gaze from the king as Sakusa and Komori sympathetically released his arms.

'An embarrassment? That's what I am?'

"Tomorrow, we will resume your wedding with Aoki-san," is all the King says before dismissing everyone.

Keeping his head down, Akaashi slowly walks back to his room. The palace almost feels so unfamiliar to him.

"Prince Akaashi," Kozume calls out and places a hand on Akaashi's sulking shoulder.

Not releasing his gaze on the floor, Akaashi just waits for Kozume to speak.

"You pasted your bedroom."

Looking up, Akaashi realized that he did--indeed--past his room by three doors.

"O-oh, I wasn't paying attention... Thank you... Kenma-san." Akaashi bows before walking back and entering his room. Seeing his large room made him realize--even more than before--how alone he felt when your lips left his cheek. Dragging his feet, he falls onto the floor, digs his face into his mattress, and starts to weep as Sakusa and Komori stand outside guarding his door.

-

"So you're the one who kidnapped my son?" the King growls as he stares at a fragile body, kneeling on the floor.

Wincing from the pain all over your body, you build all of your pride to let out a smirk.

"Yep, that's me!" you chuckle but receive another powerful slap on the cheek.

Out of anger, the King continues to beat you as you continue to stay stoic. Although his actions were as if you were the cause of his son turning against his word, he knew deep down how it was his own doing that made Akaashi want to escape the palace.

From afar, Kozume sympathetically watches your glossy face turn purple and red. When the King is finished letting out all of his anger, he leaves the room for dinner. In relief, you sigh and relax your muscles.