Chapter 14

OVERVIEW POV

The first group of Cullens had just arrived in Forks.

"Look Stef, that's Forks Outfitters. It's where Mike used to work with his parents. Do you remember Jasper?"

"My memory is impeccable of course I remember. Edward hated Mike, especially since he was always trying to get with Bella."

"Mike eventually married Jessica."

"And then they got a divorce because they were sleeping with other people, they had a couple of kids too."

"What about Angela and Eric?"

"Last I heard they had 2 kids and stayed together until they died. Eric first then Angela a few weeks later."

"And Tyler Crowley?"

"That kid was stupid. Because of him Edward almost exposed us all."

"What did he do?" Stef asked interrupting their reminiscing.

"He hit a patch of ice and almost killed Bella, Edward of course saved her. It led to Bella finding out about us and a few people getting suspicious." Jasper stated with a little snort.

"Oh Stef, that is the highschool. We will be going there soon. Oh and that's where Bella used to live with her father Charlie. Charlie was the best."

"What happened to him?"

"He married Sue Clearwater and eventually died of a heart attack, Sue's husband before Charlie also died of a heart attack. Sue never remarried and passed a couple years after."

"That's sad."

"Yeah but that is human life. Humans live and die." Carlisle told her with a smile.

"We will be at the house soon Stef. Are you excited for your new home?" Esme questioned.

"Yeah, it seems there are a lot of memories there and I'm excited to know more."

"You can always ask us any questions you have Stef. There are no secrets between any of us and you. No major ones anyway." Stef gave Jasper a little smile in return and stared out the window for the remainder of the drive. 10 minutes later they pulled onto the long driveway that would bring them to the new Cullen residence. Carlisle parked in front of the big house.

"Wow, it's absolutely beautiful."

"Why don't you go in and pick out a room? Alice, Jasper go ahead, Carlisle and I will bring the stuff in." Stef jumped out of the car and ran to the front door. Jasper and Alice were beside her in an instant.

"Go ahead, open the door. Here is the key, do the honors." Alice dropped the house key into Stef's open hand and gave her a little shove closer to the door. She lifted her hand and smoothly inserted the key into the lock. She turned it and swung open the door.

"Let's go pick out rooms!" Stef said enthusiastically. Then she ran up the stairs. Before she reached the top she tripped but Jasper caught her and made sure she reached the top safe and sound. Stef ran down the hall opening each door and taking a peek in, than going to the next one. She lingered in one room then turned around to the couple following her.

"This one, this is my room."

"Good choice, it was Edward's room." Jasper told her.

"Oh well, he can't even sleep. It's my room now." Stef said rubbing her hands menacingly. They all heard the front door shut. Carlisle and Esme had brought everything in and now they had a day before the rest of them arrived. Stef took off out of the room and down the stairs. She flung herself into Carlisle's arms and he expertly caught her.