Chapter 4: One Hell Of A Hangover

"To Spongebob!" We clink our glasses together before beginning to drink. We get into a casual conversation, the boys mainly asking me questions about myself and Syd so they can get to know me. Every now and again I glance over to Sydney and Keaton, everything appears to be going well so far, but I also notice that whenever I look back Danny is looking at the pair.

After a couple hours Danny, Wes and I are fairly tipsy, Ethan is the self nominated guardian of the group so he hasn't drank much. "Oh my God go you know what we should do... we should, drum roll please, we should get shots!" The others agree so Ethan goes to buy them. He only gets six and a soft drink for himself.

My face scrunches as the strong liquid burns its way down my throat. Wesley and Danny go to get some more leaving Ethan and I alone together, I hum along to the song playing before it changes to Dynamite. I gasp loudly "I LOVE this song!" I giggle and Ethan smiles as me with a small chuckle before standing up and holding his hand out "well then, do you want to dance?".

If I was sober, or even tipsy, I would have definitely said no straight away, I cannot dance to save my life! But it seems like the drink is beginning to take over. "I would love toooo" I take his hand and almost fall into him as I stand myself up.

He lets go of my hand before leading me down to the floor, he takes us into the middle before stopping. We begin to dance and at first I am doing pretty well, over time however I downgrade to alright. You should probably take it into consideration that I am completely pissed so in all honesty it is terrible quality dancing.

I sing along to all the songs that come on, well I can't exactly call it singing. I mean I screech along to all the songs, Ethan oddly doesn't seem to mind though, it is almost as if he admires it.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and a drunk Sydney tells me "I'm going home, don't come into my room" she ends the sentence with an over the top wink before dragging herself, and Keaton towards the exit.

We dance till the end of the song before returning to the booth where Wes and Danny were just leaving. "We're gonna go, have a nice time you two" Wes smiles before walking off, something seems wrong with Danny though but I don't comment on it.

Our drinks are still full so we sit down to finish them "ok, we'll have these then I'll take you home" Ethan smiles as he picks up his drink. "No no no, noooo, I can take myself home, don't wooorry" I slur and he just looks at me with a raised eyebrow. "Not a chance Charlotte, you are way too drunk". I blush quickly when he says my name, it is like he set free a billion butterflies in my stomach, and I am temporarily, yet it may be only for a second, but I feel completely sober.

We take our time sipping at our drinks "ok, time to go" Ethan says looking at his watch as I take my last mouthful of alcohol for the night. I stand up and walk around the table, I'm fairly steady at first bit it isn't long before Ethan has to wrap his arm around my waist to keep me up.

We walk through the late night streets of New York laughing and chatting the whole way to the apartment. I give Ethan the keys and we both walk in, cringing when we hear noises coming from Sydney's bedroom.

We are half way through the room when I turn to Ethan "hey Ethan, did you know you have a very pweetty face, like really really pweetty" I slur bringing one hand up to squish his face.

He just laughs and looks down at me, I begin to pull his face down but as soon as Ethan realises what I am trying to do he gently pushes me away. "Woah, Charlotte, I'm, uh, I'm seeing someone" he says awkwardly. Suddenly I start to gag.

The next thing I know Ethan is rubbing my back and holding my hair out of the way as I lean over the toilet.

Shit.