Chapter 14

At least for Balloon Boy, the best classes were those ones where he could get to be with his old friends for a while, one of them was English class; in the classroom next to his, a friend of his studies. If he was not in class, he was outside waiting for his friends to come out, and then he would just wait for the class to finish so he could go and wait for them, and so on until the year concluded and he had a new group.

   Balloon Boy had gotten to Biology class, and everybody seemed to be as focused as always in their conversations; murmurs and giggles were filling the classroom. He could not get to be in one of the little gangs, therefore he has spent a few weeks sitting alone in the table closest to the door. Once he was sat, he just waited for the moment to leave; despite the fact that nobody was bothering him, they still ignored him when he needed help.

   The teacher Cupcake had walked up.

   "Good afternoon!" Everybody replied back, except Balloon Boy.

   "Listen," he said after he left his belongings on the desk, "I was talking with the director, and he told me a new student was going to start studying in your group."

   "Freddy, now you'll have somebody to flirt with," Springtrap said as he gave his arm a little nudge.

   "Please, don't be so tough to her; she's already been through many things."

   I don't think she goes through for what I have to go through every single day here, Balloon Boy thought.

   "Come in." The teacher cupcake turned his sight to the door, as the rest of the group did.

   Balloon Boy had his back to the door, if he would have wanted to see it clearly, he would have to turn around. He did not turn, until he heard some murmurs from his classmates:

   "Dude, you gotta be kiddin' me. Another one?"

   "His girlfriend showed up."

   "Is that his sister?"

   Those comments were enough to raise Balloon Boy's curiosity, as they encouraged him to turn around from his seat. Once he did, he could see a girl just like him: she had the same clothes, the same eyes, the same height, etc. The things that made her different from him were the colors of the features mentioned.

   "Hi." That was the only word that sounded inside Balloon Boy's mind, it was like a word that repeated itself in his head as the rhythm his heart was beating; it was certainly beating faster.

   "Come on, Balloon Girl. Suit yourself," the teacher said.

   "Thanks." Balloon Girl headed toward Balloon Boy's table; she sat right in front of him.

   There were almost five years ago since Balloon Boy saw somebody that made him feel that way, he thought it was not real, or a miracle that was about to be wrenched away from him somehow, he could not believe the heaven had listened to his plea and sent him a female friend like him.

   "Hi," she said once she sat down.

   "Hey," he replied.

   She was often looking away from him, but she would have wanted some time to know him well, but due to the petitions their teacher were telling them it was sort of hard to talk, it would have to be until the class finished.

   Balloon Boy was also trying not to stare at her, but there was something that caught his attention: little bruises—at least for him they were. He had little bruises and marks on his arms and torso, too, but those ones were caused by hits from balls, or when somebody bumps with him on his way, or even for just being teased. It cannot be, he thought, just wishing he was wrong.