Chapter 19

The time for the class to start seemed to last quite longer than it should have lasted, even Toy Fred and Toy Bon's games turned that time endlessly for Orville, but not for Hippo, he always got to amuse himself with the most simple thing somehow: he doodled in his notebook. Orville started to study subtly their behavior, of course, since the way they are used to raise their voices no one can ignore them.

   "I'd like to be named 'Betty'," Toy Fred said.

   "Why? That's a girl's name," Toy Bon said.

   "But you would use it in another way, like..." Toy Fred stretched his arms; he was trying to uncover a new way to use his word. "Mr. Betty Handsome."

   "Oh, yeah, yeah, Betty handsome sounds great."

   "And you would be my friend 'Tak'. 'Tak-O'bell."

   "Oh, yeah, yeah, Tak-O'bell sounds great."

   "Let's make cards with those names, we can use them on the radio."

   "Oh, yeah, yeah, on the radio."

   They both started to write on their notebooks.

   Orville could not help but just contemplate them while they were thinking how to call themselves. Somehow he found something more incredible that the fact of just staring, it was about something they were taught in psychology class: are they happy? Orville looked how they acted while being in class, earning the enmity and the contempt of the rest of their classmates, beside the fact of turning into the teachers' special case. He thought that maybe they just don't care, they could do whatever they want as long as they were enjoying their time at school.

   "Hippo." Orville called him; he was sat in the desk next to him.

   "What?"

   "Are we happy?" Hippo frowned.

   "What?"

   "Yes... Do you have any idea what being happy means? Because maybe we think we are, but maybe this is all about a filter that doesn't let us see beyond our treats in the short term."

   "Hey... Did you smoke what Springtrap buys in street two?"

   "Forget it." Orville looked down toward his desk. Hippo went back to his business.

*   *   *

Freddy was walking through the way toward the Spanish classroom; he always was right on time for staying with Springtrap, since he has to take French classes. As soon as he got to the building's corridor, he could see Bonnie and Toy Chick sat outside the classroom. That somehow made him feel uncomfortable, since he thought Bonnie had nothing else to do with her. But, since it was Bonnie's life, he thought about ignoring what he could do or not do. When he passed by he saluted Bonnie with a fake smirk, then Toy Chick. Bonnie, of course, wanted Freddy to share more of his time with him, therefore he concluded Toy Chick's presence was totally inappropriate for the moment.

   "Well, Bonnie, I have to go; my French class is about to begin." Toy Chick got up.

   When she talked, Bonnie could see Nightmare Fred in a distance walking toward the classroom.

   "Ok. Plus, my teacher is coming." He also got up.

   "Oh, alright. See you tomorrow!" Toy Chick hugged Bonnie before she walked away; Bonnie did not hug her back, he just let himself to be hugged.

   "Bonnie, you're on fire." Nightmare Fred nudged softly in Bonnie's arm, hinting how proud he was of him.

   Bonnie always felt kind of upset every time some animatronic encouraged him when they saw him hanging out with Toy Chick, at least the animatronics that knew Bonnie told or did that.