Chapter 24

Bonnie was sat down on a bench outside the room where Radio Dolphin's broadcasts are done. He was thinking about, just like Chica did a few minutes ago, what the school has become. Now it was no longer the best known because of its best teachers and with the best equipment to study, but now for having the worst administration ever seen in the last ten years. Not even Bonnie had imagined a school having around everything that was happening in front of his eyes: bullying, anarchy, revelation, etc. In the school the animatronics that adopted the last director's knowledge, felt like the whole place was covered with a damped and cold haze, forcing their fur to stand on end so it could protect them from the low temperature. The buildings seemed to be used as war shelters. The animatronics seemed to be threatened everywhere they were into the school, although when there was no worker or authority animatronic around to see them. Dolphin's heart had turned into a Trench war.

   Bonnie could see Toy Chick walking toward him with a newspaper in her hand; her walk was as disposed as an upset female animatronic. Bonnie got a little confused by seeing her so decided.

   "Bonnie," she said; her tone of voice was cold, "don't you think you could've used the radio's power for something more useful than Chica's guttermouth?"

   "What do you mean?"

   "Look." She sat down next to him. "You know I'm not used to show up and yell at animatronics and tell them what to do, but after what I've been through… I just can't stand this; I'm tired."

   "Yeah, I know; we're all tired about this whole situation."

   "I wanted to give you this." Toy Chick gave Bonnie the newspaper she had.

   "What is this?"

   "It's the school's gazette; there they publish the most relevant things in a week. This one is about this week, and I think you should check it out." Bonnie started to turn the pages. "That's why I thought you're broadcast was so superfluous."

   "'High school loses its reputation as the best school'?"

   "This picture was taken yesterday in the afternoon." She pointed the widest picture on the page.

   "'New scholar system, written by the Dolphin's heart's director'. This document was written a week ago."

   "Read it."

   Bonnie turned to her a little confused, but then he just started to read the note. He omitted some introducing parts, such as the rest of the school's name that agreed with it. He started directly to read the changes.

   "'The last months the food in the cafeteria is been a hard recourse to keep up. It's crucial to ensure the precise amount to support the investment in them.

   "There is nothing more righteous than seeing our students work hard to fulfill their goals in the long-term, therefore the strict way to follow the scheduled hours of study will be absolutely necessary to carry on that effort. As we are going to be sure that every student counts with the proper equipment for the imparted classes; everything they do not need for studying will be removed. We will have workers in charge of verifying it.'"

   "That's why they check our backpacks in the entrance."

   "Yeah. But… is this why everyone turned into what we're seeing now?"

   Bonnie and Toy Chick looked at Balloon Boy and Balloon Girl being bullied by some animatronic behind them; they were not from their group.

   "Just look, it's not even Springtrap."

   "That's not why, Bonnie." She put her hand on his right thigh.

   "Then why?"

   Toy Chick took out of her pocket a piece of newspaper dirty and ripped off.