Chapter 17

*Thea's pov*

"Dad" I said once again with a calm voice. My dad just stood there with a stern look on his face. Silence.

My mom entered the room with the same expression as my dad's. I feel Tayler shift beside me. I look at him and woke him up with a nudge. And immediately went to my parents to greet them with a hug. Okay the tension is making me anxious.

Tayler stood up and run his fingers to his hair.

"Mom, Dad this is Tayler. Tayler meet my mom and dad." I said with nervous smile.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Miller." Tayler said politely and shook my parents' hands. My dad nodded at him.

"You should stay for breakfast. I'm sure both of you haven't eaten yet." My mom said to Tayler which he agreed to.

While me and my mom prepare breakfast, my dad took Tayler away and now I don't know where they are. I'm not really worried about my dad, he has always been so supportive. Of course at first he had this stern look on his face, I mean every dad does, right? My mother on the other hand, she'll make me avoid Tayler if he doesn't meet my mom's 'standards'. She's done it before with my friends back in Maryland, she will say they're not good for me and they're just a bad influence to me. I understand that she just want what's  best for me but sometimes it gets a little too much.

"Mom can you please not scare Tayler off" I said to my mom. "What? I'm not doing anything?" She replied. I just rolled my eyes, mentally of course.

"Go tell your dad and Tayler the food is ready." Said mom after we finish preparing breakfast.

I went to the living room but they're nowhere to be seen. Next is the garage, you know, because they're boys. As I walk to the garage, I can hear my dad and Tayler's laughs. Of course they're here. I peeked through the door and a smile immediately made its way to my face. I see my dad and Tayler standing next to my dad's old dirt bike, which he doesn't use anymore because he's getting old. I hear my dad tell Tayler about his experiences with his dirt bike. Stories that he had told me multiple times. I hope my dad likes Tayler, my dad's opinion on anything means a lot to me so. As their laughs die down. I decided to walk over to them.

"Heyy, breakfast is ready" I said with a big smile plastered to my face which they returned the smile back. "Okay" Dad said.

We walked to the kitchen and started eating our food. My mom started asking Tayler questions which made everthing awkward. I mentally rolled my eyes. Again. But Tayler seems to answer my mom's interrogation so smoothly.

After breakfast, we hung out for a bit until it's time for Tayler to go home.

"I should get going," Tayler said standing up. "I'll walk you out" I said standing up as well. "Thank you for breakfast Mr. and Mrs. Miller" He added. My mom nodded, a smile on her face, I'm not quite sure if it's real or not. My dad went for a bro hug with Tayler, "I told you to call me Kenneth" My dad said when they let go from the hug. A smile immediately made its way to my face. He's warming up to Tayler and I'm so happy about this. "Right sorry Kenneth" Tayler said with a chuckle.

We walked to Tayler's car. "You're mom doesn't like me that much, does she?" Tayler said with a chuckle, looking at his feet. "You could say that, but she's just being protective. Nothing to worry about her. Hey, you and my dad are basically friends now" I said trying to cheer him up. He chuckled, "Yeah we bonded about our mutual loves of dirt bike." I smiled and nodded. "Well I should go now. I had so much fun, Miller" He said. He opened his arms and pulled me into a hug. When I try to loosen my grip, he just held me close and tightened the hug. "I can't breathe" I joked. He laughed lightly, kissing my hair. We broke the hug. "Laters ugly" I said waving as he walk over to the driver side. He made face and said "Laters loser" before getting in and driving off.