Chapter 16: Before the Internships

Izuku Pov:

~UA Classroom~

Aizawa: Alright class that's all for today, enjoy your weekend and be prepared for your internships on monday.

Everyone: Yes sir

Aizawa walked out of the classroom and everyone in class started socializing as soon as he left the room

Mina: Oh man i can't wait to start our internships!

Kirishima: Yeah I'm so pumped, we'll be able to see actual heroes up close taking down bad guys!

Tsu: Ribbit, i can't wait I'm very excited.

Everyone kept talking about their internship choices while i was wondering something since the other day, but I'm just thinking about it now.

Izuku: Hey Meiko

Meiko: yes

Izuku: You said your quirk is called tolerance, right?

Meiko: That's right

Izuku: What exactly does it do?

Ochako: Yeah now that you mention it, you never exactly explained what it does.

Chisato: Yeah what was so special about it that it got you into the recommendations?

Some of the other students over heard our conversation and started listening in.

Meiko: Oh right i forgot that i never explained what it does. Well, what my quirk does is that it allows my body to have higher tolerance to just about all bad things that happen to my body. For example, if a poison is introduced to my body then my body can resist the poisons effects.

Kaminari: That's it? It doesn't sound so special

Meiko: It also means i have a higher tolerance to pain as well. I rarely feel pain, even if you were to stab me in the chest and break my bones, i could barely feel it.

Mina: Wow, that's hardcore, but it still doesn't sound like something that will get you into recommendations.

Meiko: It's not just the quirk that got me the recommendations. It's also my physical prowess that my quirk allows me to attain. This is what got pro's to see that i was pro material.

Tokoyami: You said your quirk helps with your physical prowess, how so?

Meiko: You see an average human can only use about 20-30% of their bodies full strength capacity, while a peak athletic body builder can only use about 60-65% of their full strength. The reason for this is because the human body has limiters placed on themselves to keep us from hurting ourselves and causing serious damage. However, there are times where the limiters are completely ignored and they are in times where you are feeling great adrenaline from either fear or just plain excitement. That's why when someone is afraid or really excited that they feel their adrenaline pumping very quickly, they rarely feel pain or feel exhausted and feel they can do just about anything. When someone feels intense fear they can have the limiters on their bodies shut off completely and they can possibly lift an entire car easily if their lives depended on it.

Jiro: Yeah now that you mention it, when i was a little kid i was chased by a dog and when i ran away from it, i actually ran faster than it, even though it was twice my size. I didn't even realize how fast i was moving until i looked back and saw that i out ran it.

Sero: Yeah, for me when i was a kid i fell off a small ledge while i was playing in the forest, when i fell my heart was beating so fast i thought i was going to die from the fall, but when i hit the ground i barely felt it. I also didn't feel my ankle brake either until i started walking on it.