Ch 32. their love, doubt

Hyunjin pov

Jeongin looks up at me after he scratched a heart shape on the left side of my chest with his nail. He had been listening closely "And then? What happened when you met up with him? You DID meet up again right?"

"Hehe, kitten, you're talking about it like I'm telling you about a movie" I kiss his head and hug him closer. "That's kind of what it sounds like to me as well" He smiles and nudges my arm "Continue with the storyyyy" 

"Alright, alright sweetheart. Well, next..."

Flashback

The morning after the party I woke up with a stinging pain in my back and the well known hangover. While every step hurt me I made my way through my apartment. My parents kicked me out when I was 17 and after gathering money from... generous men at the club, I could get myself this place. It's not great, but it's absolutely better than nothing. 

Last night, after getting fucked and fucked up, I walked home with Robin. He often walked (or carried) me home and treated me kindly. People at the club always joked that him and Jake were like my bodyguards. I admit, they do kind of look like that. They were both a bit taller than me and definitely broader build. Not fat, AT ALL, just broad. Sometimes people got a bit intimidated by them but they're honestly just sweethearts. 

I grabbed an iced coffee from my fridge, put it in a big mug and put some vodka in, just for good measures. That 'some' became about a quarter of the cup. I checked my messages and saw I surprisingly actually had unread messages that weren't Robin assuring me he got home safe or Jake asking me if I'm okay. They're so protective~ It was a message from an unknown number. For a moment I was confused, but then I remembered the man earlier that night. 

[+xxxxxxxx] 
|Hey Hyunjin, Woojin here
|The awkward one
|Do you have time this afternoon?
|If not, when do you?
|Do I seem pushy?
|Sorry if I do ( ˚ᆺ˚" )
9:32AM

I laughed softly at the cute messages. 

[you]
Hey Woojin, good morning!|
Dw I remembered you|
I think I do|
Plans most of the time come kind of last minute for me|
you don't seem pushy~|
11:49AM

I quickly answered Jake and Robin and chugged half my mug before I stretched and laid down. My entire body felt hot and hurt, so the cold floor felt amazing on my naked back. I sighed and looked at the ceiling. I wonder how much longer I'm going to be able to do this... I might as well enjoy while I can.

I got another message and turned my head to the side to look at my phone.

[+xxxxxxxx]
|there's a very cute coffee place uptown
|Maybe that's nice?
|I can pick you up if you want me to?
11:50AM

[You]
Sounds good|
Send me the location plz|
Oh you don't need to, I'll get there myself|
11:50AM

He sent me the location and we decided to meet up at 1:30PM. I sat up slowly and put my arms around my knees with my ankles crossed. I reached to the side and picked up a lighter and a cigarette. I had only started smoking a while back, because despite all the other things I have tried before without thinking twice, I always stayed away from cigarettes. 

I lit it and put it to my lips while I leaned my back against the counter. I put an alarm in my phone for 12:30. The smoke slowly spilled out of my lips while I looked outside, following the people on the streets with my eyes. They look so small from up here... so unimpressive and small... I chugged the remaining liquid in my mug and closed my eyes while I let my head drop bad against the counter. Yet up close they're so large and intimidating.. not in the way they look, but in the way they talk and think.

I let my thoughts and mind fade away while I lifted the cigarette to my lips without thinking about it until I felt the heat against my fingers and quickly threw it up, hoping it'd land in the sink. I let my mind wander again and soon didn't realize what time it was or that I was still on the floor, or how much my body hurt.

Before I knew it the alarm on my phone went off and I slowly forced myself to get up and put clothes on. I put on loose light grey sweatpants and a dark grey oversized hoodie. I finished off the 'look' with a light grey bandana and black sneakers. I looked in the mirror.

I look like shit. That's fine, he probably doesn't care anyways. I left my house and took the bus to the address Woojin gave me. He was already waiting for me inside even though I was early. I walked in and I saw he double checked if it was me. I do look quite different than when he met me.

"Hey Woojin, I'm heereee~" I walked over to him. "Ah hey Hyunjin, come sit down. How are you?" He kindly smiled at me while I sat down. "I'm good, my body is killing me" he looked at me with a half smile "what did you expect after partying like that kiddo" I smiled at him and leaned on the table with my elbows "I expected nothing less or more"

He shook his head softly while a waiter approached us "good day gentlemen what can I get you?" His name tag said K. Heechul and he was very beautiful. Woojin smiled at him "I'll have a latte. Hyunjin?" I looked at him before smiling warmly at the man called Heechul "oh uhm a cappuccino please" he nodded and smiled back at me before he left to make our coffee.

"So, Hyunjin, before we waste too long on pointless small talk, tell me something about yourself. Unless you want me to introduce myself in a more detailed way of course" Woojin calmly spoke to me in a friendly way. "Oh, I'll start I guess? Well I'm Hwang Hyunjin, I am at the moment 18, you know about what I do at parties uhmmm... That's the base of it all I'd say"

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow "18.. you're only 18? Like I knew you were young but... Wait at what age did you start going there then?" I frowned. Of course it'd go this way. "Well I first went there when I was 16 if you really want to know." His eyes widened and he was clearly shocked "16?! How? Did you lose your way to the school dance?" He clearly didn't mean for it to sound that way but it came out really mean and it triggered something in me. I frowned and stood up while I grabbed my bag.

"if you've only invited me here to shame, mock and make fun of me, I hope you don't mind but I'll be off now. Good day." I snapped at him and with a sarcastic tone announced my leave. I was about to walk away but he gently grabbed my wrist. "Hyunjin please, that wasn't my intention at all. I really just want to know more about you and how everything happened and I'm sorry if that came off rudely."

I huffed and pulled my wrist away from him so he let go "For if you didn't get the memo, I'm fine with the way 'everything happened' and I do not need or want your pity." I frowned at the man. "And that's not what I'm trying to do Hyunjin, really!"
"Then what DO you want?! Why did you ask me here?! Why the fuck do you want to know more about me so badly?!! So you can, I don't fucking know, tell your cute little future kids what they should definitely not do?!"

I kept my volume down for the waitress and the two other customers, but I was pissed. What the fuck does this asshole want from me and why does he feel the need to know about my life?! "Hyunjin please! I don't know why either, but you've sparked my interest. You're an interesting person... Please just stay for a little longer? Of course, if you really want to leave, you can and should.."

I glared at him through my bangs and hesitantly sat back down. "Thank you.. You know you're pretty scary when you're angry" he awkwardly smiled. As if on cue the waiter appeared from the kitchen and gave us our coffees. Woojin smiled and thanked him and I gave the man a small nod. Woojin turned his attention to me but didn't say anything.

Seriously, what the fuck is this man's deal.

End flashback

Jeongin looks at me with big eyes and parted lips "wow... That's so much more interesting than how Woojin met me" he giggles before he turns serious again "and then? What happened then?"

I smile at the boy's cute antics and sigh "we were off to a rough start for sure... His interest in my life honestly kind of startled me and I didn't trust it, I didn't like it either because although I wouldn't admit it, I disliked thinking about how I became like that"