Haunting Memories

Chase immediately knew he was dreaming.

Walking through the halls of his old home. It was late at night and everyone should be sleeping.

And yet he could hear the faint murmuring of someone humming a children's song.

"Kids? Is that you?" He called out but no one answered.

The TV was on in the living room but it was just static, loud and uncomfortable.

"Chase!" someone called out to him.

It sounded like Stacey and he walked at a quicker pace through the house. He had to find them!

Where were they!?

"Chase! Daddy!" Multiple cries filled his ears as he searched but they were just no where to be found.

His heart raced, panicking, tears running down his face.

"Where are you!? Stace! Sammy! Kallie! Kids. . ."

He ran through the long halls, his mind in a fear-induced state.

"Kids!" he shouted again but they didn't call out anymore. He knew he was close though but the closer but got, the louder the static was.

Suddenly Chase tripped and fell to the floor with a heavy grunt. Picking himself up, he blearily looked over to see a knife.

He had tripped on a knife?

A . . .. bloodied knife . . . .

His vision went red as he stood up. He went to run for that direction again only to stop himself.

There he was.

Just in front of the doorway.

His silhouette contrasting against the faint light of the bedroom TV.

Chase's vision went weird. It was as if he were underwater. He almost felt drunk.

"Why are you here!? Where are they!?"

Anti turned to face him, his green eyes glinting and his smile was gleaming. He didn't say anything. He just smiled.

Chase stuttered out a breathe, barely holding onto himself "What do you want from me!?"

Anti then laughed, his voice echoing against the walls, reverberating with static.

But then he got his answer.

Chase saw the TV behind Anti.

White noise and static.

With black hand-prints on the inside.

Chase suddenly shot up with a shout.

"Sh*t!" Bing fell out of his own bed and onto the floor.

Chase was breathing erratically from the nightmare but was starting to calm himself as he looked around at where he was.

"Fuck. . . . Sorry Bing"

The android grunted as he picked himself up but looked more concerned than anything, "Nah it's cool, bro. You alright though? Isn't the first time you've been having nightmares here, my dude"

Chase looked at him strangely.

Bing caught on, "Oh. Right. Sorry. I can uh . . . see you vitals, basically sometimes when you sleep. Your heart rate picks up big time when you're having a nightmare"