Ego Swap

Mark had completely forgotten to take care of his YouTube channel, too messed up in the trouble with his egos to do anything about it. He thought about making a short video talking about him taking a break (because boy, does he need one now) but then again his fans were used to him not uploading regularly.

Then there was all those meetings he was missing and he had SO much writing to do for the Heist sequel and other projects. PLUS, there was the Peens Podcast and he had to call Bob and Wade earlier to let them know he was too busy again. But his egos were more important to him right now.

This was really mostly his fault anyways.

Not that anyone but him, Amy and Sean knew. 

Speaking of Sean, he suddenly heard him call out his name, "Hey! Mark! Mark! There ya are!"

Mark turned to see his friend nearly panting from the running he had done trying to find him in this huge mansion, "Hey man, what's up?"

Sean caught his breathe and grinned big, "Look, I know we talked about staying all together for a while until we got Dark back. . . . but Anti's been really fucking depressed lately."

"Yeah, I know. That's why we need to figure out some way to get Dark back"

"Well just hear me out, now" Sean stopped him, "I want to take my egos out for a little distraction. Including Anti. Maybe it'll help, you know?"

Mark wasn't so sure. Ever since Dark's disappearance, he had been pretty protective of the glitch. Although he wasn't like a clingy parent, he had been watching him closely from a distance. He felt Anti's stress and lonliness and ever though he still had all the other egos, Dark was basically his anchor that kept him sane. Wilford was the same except so much more severe. It hadn't been long but you could tell Wilford was getting more and more forgetful and . . . . sad. Which was strange for him. Everyone needed Dark back.

"I don't know, Sean. I don't think it's a good idea to drag Anti out like that. Especially with you and the Septics"

Sean looked a little hurt, "What do you mean by that?"

It was a hard pill to swallow but someone had to say it to him, "Sean. . . . you really hurt, Anti. Although he doesn't show it around you, he's still in pain. You disowned him. Shoved him out of your life completely. Now I know that he's fucked up a lot and gone crazy but you can't use that as an excuse with me having Wilford as an ego. You could have done better, Sean"

The Irishman gaped at him. He wanted to argue but really, he couldn't. Mark did have a point. That didn't mean he was going to let that go, though, "I know but I'm not the only one who's ever made a mistake with an ego, Mark. Whatever happened to Derek?"

"Derek has nothing to do with this. And what do you mean, a mistake? You're saying you regret creating Anti?"

"I didn't create him! The community did! I didn't MEAN to bring him to life! You got us into this mess in the first place, Mark! If you hadn't made that deal, then they wouldn't be in so much pain!"

"If I hadn't made that deal, they wouldn't exist in the first place!"

". . . . . . . Maybe that would have been better"

Mark couldn't believe what he was hearing, "You're wrong. You may think that but I know my egos have only helped me in my life. I wouldn't be who I am now without them. That includes Anti"

"Anti's not yours"

Mark scoffed, "Well apparently he isn't yours, either. You threw him away and now he's mine to take care of. You never got to see the pain you caused, Sean. Maybe if you did, you'd think differently. Seeing that. .  . . changed me. Made me see they weren't just characters. I'll admit Derek was a mistake. I shouldn't have gotten rid of him but I also shouldn't have created him. An abusive father that neglects his only son . . . I don't know what I was thinking. Having Anti around made me see them for the people they truly are."