Just Barely

"Anti?"

Chase looked up to Dark pleadingly, "Hurry! Please help!" he pressed onto Anti's wound harder, trying his best to fix his mistake.

Dr. Iplier cut through the crowd and ran up to the two, "HENRIK! Inside, now!" he looked to Google, "Okay Google, go get tweezers or anything similar you can find. Ethan, will you help him? Jackie! You were just in the bathroom! Can you get any peroxide or alcohol?!"

Jackie didn't expect to come out of the bathroom to see this. He had heard the gunshot and screaming and rushed out as fast as he could but it had been too late.

"Y-yeah. I-I'll-" he bolted back into the bathroom while Google followed Ethan in a hurry.

Henrik ran in , as well and shouted in shock, "Dammit, Chase! Vhat have you done! Anti!"

That seemed to have sparked a few of the others out of their shock and Dark was the first to come running, shoving Chase away from his friend.

"Anti? Anti! Are you awake? Please don't be dead!" he pressed onto his wound instead, "Doctor!"

"I'm looking" Dr. Iplier put his hand on Anti's throat to check his pulse, "It's weak but he's barely there. We need to get that bullet out and stabilize him."

"You stabilize him and I'll do the rest" Dark growled, "Don't lose him, doc"

"I don't plan on it"

Sean was leaned over at Dark's side, brushing Anti's hair with his hand, "Hang on, Anti. Just hang on. We got you." he looked up at Chase who was looking quite panicked, "Why?"

Chase looked back up to Sean but didn't have an answer. He saw the way everyone looked at him.

This was his fault. He knew that. He fucked up. If Anti died, so would he and he knew that. Why did he pull the trigger!? He didn't WANT to do it!

Without thinking further, he just ran, bolting out of the apartment as fast as he could.

Marvin and Jameson looked like they wanted to go after him but Sean stopped them, "Marvin! I need you here! Can't you do something?!"

But the magician just shook his head, "I can't perform complicated healing spells, Sean . . .. . I'm sorry. I'm of no help here"

Jackie ran back in with a bottle of peroxide and handed it to one of the doctors, "Where's Chase?"

"Who cares about him!? Help Anti!" Dark felt his heart crumble. He couldn't lose him.

He barely registered Wilford behind him, his hand on his shoulder to try and comfort him.

Anti whimpered just barely in his unconscious state as Henrik poured some of the alcohol on the wound.

"It's okay, Anti." Sean was crying at this point, shivering in the adrenaline, "You'll be okay. I promise"

Google and Ethan rushed back in with a first aid kit and tweezers and Dr. Iplier sterilized the tools.

Mark held Amy close, only able to watch it all happen, seeing everyone in pain. Nothing he could do.

They all watched in horror as Henrik kept Anti restrained just in case and Dr. Iplier plunged the tweezers into the bullet hole. Anti's body jumped slightly but it was worrying just how little he moved. They were losing him.

"He is losing a lot of blood" Google stated, "Probability of survival is low"

"Shut up, Google!" Dark shouted, "He's not gonna die! Just get that fucking bullet out, now!"