Marvin the Magnificent Exorcist

"What?" 

Chase just sighed heavily, "Fucking hell, Marv. An exorcism? Really?"

"I don't see the problem"

"Of course you wouldn't. Just uh . . ." Chase scratched the back of his head in thought, "Fine. So what do we do?"

Marvin looked excited, "You're actually gonna let me do it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing! Anyways-" Marvin clapped his hands, "We'll need some sage, salt and  . . . a sacrifice?"

Chase gave him a look and Marvin shook his head, "Oh wait! No, no. A sacrifice SUMMONS a demon. No. We need something that belonged to the victim!"

"Salt and Sage?" Chase asked, "What we doing? Making a pork dinner for the bastard?"

"Funny but no, Chase. Salt is to keep him away from us if we pour it around ourselves. Sage is to clense the area or evil spirits. We need something of Dark's to help connect to him and bring him back"

"Ah" Chase nodded, "Well, you go into the kitchen and get the flavor bits and I'll  . .. " he sighed to himself, "I'll break into Dark's room"

"Good luck" was all Marvin said to him before walking off.

"Why is my life so fucked?" 

Chase expertly made it to Dark's room, however, without being spotted by anyone (that he knew of). While he was looking through Dark's shit, Marvin was down in the kitchen. 

Only to find Host cooking something.

"Oh hey there, bud" Marvin was a master of deception of course, "What you making there?"

"The Host chuckled softly at Marvin's vain attempts. He already knew what he was up to, of course and he really should have known better"

Marvin gulped, "I . . . I guess so. It's just-"

"The Host interrupts Marvin, telling him it's not his job to stop him. He likes to see the story unfold itself. However, he DID have a suspicion something was not right and agreed that something had to be done. Or at least tried. The Host opened the cupboard to give Marvin what he needed."

Marvin was surprised that his friend was willing to let him exorcise his fellow ego but he wasn't going to ask questions, "You're the best, Host. I know something's wrong. You feel it too, huh? That night Anti went upstairs to talk to Dark?"

"The Host agrees. Something most definitely was . . . off. The Host bid Marvin good luck and carried on with cooking his lunch"

Meanwhile back upstairs with Chase, the father gawked around for any item that might be useful to them. Anything that Dark might hold dear. Except there really wasn't much of anything in the bedroom. Office supplies, pictures, suits and dark clothing in his closet, a computer and desk.

Chase was about to give up and leave the room to find something somewhere else when he saw it.

A soft blue glow under the bed.

"The fuck?"

Shifting closer to the glow, Chase bit his lip. When he got close enough to the bed, he leaned down to look under it.

A cane?

But once he saw it, he realized, 'That's Dark's cane! Mark said something just last week before this whole mess about it. Didn't he tease Dark about it for carrying it with him all the time?'