A Miracle

By the time Dark, Anti and Chase returned, the manor was. . . . . quiet.

It took Dark and Anti a little time to make sure Celine was going to be okay but Damien reassured them he'd take care of her. She had protected him most of his life. It was time for him to do the same and be there for her.

Of course everyone was excited to have them back, crowding around them with smiles, happy they were okay. Yan and Eric bombarded Anti with heavy hugs much to his dislike but he welcomed it anyway.

What he didn't expect was for the other Septic egos to crowd around him as well and group hug around him!

It was uncomfortable but for some reason . . . . it felt nice. Jackie hugged the hardest, lifting him up in a bear-hug with Chase but Marvin, Jameson and Henrik were more calm and polite about it. Anti couldn't really process it but by then, he was getting hugged again by the other Iplier egos as well along with Dark. Dark was just as uncomfortable but obviously missed everyone just as much.

It didn't take long for Wilford to wake back up good as new. But the news of Actor's sacrifice was obviously tolling on him. It was his idea in the first place to go in after him and here he died anyway.

The next day, everyone heard shooting in the back yard and a few went to check it out only to find Wilford repeatedly shooting a dummy in the head, completely destroying it, tears running down his face.

Dark was the first to rush up to him, putting a hand on his shoulder for comfort. The man kept shooting but then there were no more bullets but that didn't stop him. He just kept pulling the trigger. 

"Wilford. . . . " Dark sighed, "I'm sor-"

"Don't say it, Darky" he breathed out roughly, "I know it's not yer fault. Actor was. . . selfish to the very end. He got what he wanted, bully on him"

Anti growled, "That's not true! He did what he did to save us. To save Celine. And you helped him fight, Wil"

"Oh blimey" he huffed, finally putting the gun down, "I want to hear it straight from him! But  can't now, can I!?" Wil wiped his tears from his face, ignoring some of the others watching.

Mark and Sean were among those and no one felt more guilty than Mark. But what could he do?

While Dark, Anti and some of the other Ipliers like Yan and Eric tried to comfort Wilford, Mark walked away, unable to watch any more.

Host saw this and chose to follow him, finding him making his way to the other part of the manor to Actor's old room.

Mark walked inside and looked around with a heavy heart. It hurt so much but he felt like he had to suffer this pain. 

"The Host walked into Actor's old room to confront Mark. The Host wanted to remind his creator that it wasn't his fault what happened."

"Yes, it is, Host" Mark was surprised at first to hear him but calmed immediately, sitting on the foot of the bed, "I thank god that I'm not really able to drink anymore. I guess it should have been a sign then. . . . I was such a horrible person back then"

"The Host disagrees. Mark just didn't understand at the time the power that he held."

"I treated Actor like an object. Like a pawn." Mark argued, "I made him the villain just as Sean made Anti that way."

"No you didn't"

Mark and Host looked up to see Dark, Anti and Sean at the door. Sean was already trailing behind Host and Mark when Dark and Anti curiously followed, also wanting to see where Mark was running off to.