9: Am I Crazy Or Falling In Love... Is It Really Just Another Crush

"Why do I keep running from the truth?
All I ever think about is you
You got me hypnotized, so mesmerized
And I've just got to know
Do you ever think when you're all alone
All that we can be, where this thing can go?
Am I crazy or falling in love?
Is it real or just another crush?"
~ David Archuleta

"Why do I keep running from the truth?All I ever think about is youYou got me hypnotized, so mesmerizedAnd I've just got to knowDo you ever think when you're all aloneAll that we can be, where this thing can go?Am I crazy or falling in love?Is it ...

3rd Person's POV

Knock knock.

Mila takes off her headphones and stares at her door. She thought she heard someone but then again she could be going crazy.

Knock knock.

"Oh goody I'm not a psycho... Come in!"

The door opens revealing a smiling Gwen. Gwen straightens her skirt before sitting on the edge of Mila's bed.

"What's up Gwen?"

"So um why were you and Peter really at Oscorp yesterday?"

Mila freezes as she looks up from her phone, "Um no reason. He really does love science."

Gwen frowns, "Enough to be arrested?"

Mila throws her hands up in the air, "That's what I said!"

Gwen smiles before looking down at her hands.

"He's something else... Peter Parker. He seems like a pretty cool guy, he's very shy but funny."

Mila raises an eyebrow, "Yeah he's hilarious but definitely not shy. So um how's that crush going?"

Gwen slaps Mila's knee, "I told you I just would like to get to know him."

Mila rolls her eyes as she stands up and walks over to her vanity, "Yeah yeah and I'm the Queen of England."

Gwen scoffs, "Okay well what about you? What about that guy you like?"

Mila smiles making Gwen smile.

"You see there's that face. That doe eyed lovey face. You're a goner."

Mila laughs as she shakes her head lightly, "I don't know about that. I just... he's... it's just like I've known him all my life and I just have this feeling that we're meant to be together. But I don't know sometimes life doesn't work out that way."

Gwen frowns, "It could. Why don't you tell him how you feel?"

Turning around to stare at Gwen, Mila gives her a excuse me look with wide eyes, "Tell him? Really that's your best advice? You want me to tell him I like him... so he can reject me."