16: Superman Got Nothing On Me

"I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away."
~ Charlie Puth

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Mila decides to go to Oscorp and figure out what the heck Peter was working on with Curt Conners. She wanted to find out why he spent all his time there and what they were doing.

She scans her name tag and then makes her way to the elevator. As she gets to the lab floor she quickly peeks her head out, looking both ways before quietly exiting the elevator. She bites her lip looking around at the empty hall as she tiptoes through.

Freezing as she hears voices, she realizes that Dr Connors had been speaking with the man that Peter ran into the day they snuck into Oscorp.

"Rajit... The Cross-species genetics is finally working. I've used lizard DNA to help Freddie regrow that limb."

"It's a miracle."

Mila frowns moving closer to the open footing but staying hidden along the opaque glass.

"No, it's hard work and a promise, and it's a step closer to the primate lab."

"Ah, but he doesn't have time for every little step."

"Little?" Dr Connors sounded very offended.

"I just mean he can't wait."

"Well, he'll have to. Unless he wants to be a lab rat." Connors bites back.

Mila's eyebrows furrow in question. She had never seen Dr Connors so irritated.

"That's not what I'm saying."

"So what are you saying?"

Rajit leans back in his chair with his hands together on his lap, "You have to start human trials, now."

Do Connors eyes widen with fear, "No, I don't. And no, I won't."

"Well, then he's going to die."

"People die, even Norman Osborn."

Covering her hand over her mouth as she feels herself gasp, Mila can't help but think of Norman Osborn. She definitely knew who that was and she wondered how the heck he was involved and why he needed the cross species genetics trial to work now.

"We are not finished."

"Human trials? Where on earth are you gonna find the people to volunteer?"

Rajit shrugs looking nonchalant, "The wards, as far as anyone's concerned, it's for a winter flu shot. I might think that veterans hospitals a place to start."

"You gotta be kidding me?"

"I don't think I am."

Connors turns to leave, but Ratha stops him by holding his amputated arm.