19: My God I'm So Lonely... So I Open The Window

"And I don't want your pity, I just want somebody near me. Guess I'm a coward, I just want to feel alright.
~ Mitski

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

When Peter shows up to the Stacy house hurt, he accidentally stumbles into Mila's room instead of Gwen's. He looks around the empty room and curses. He had went through the wrong window. No surprise he was feeling slightly dizzy.

"Peter!"

Turning around he sees Mila walk into her room and close the door quietly. She runs over to him and lightly grabs his arms helping him over to her bed. Thank goodness he had just been wearing the mask and not his Spiderman suit during the underground riff with Conners. When he swung over here all he did was remove his mask which saved his butt in the end since he realized he was in Mila's room not Gwen's.

"Oh my gosh Peter! Are you okay?!"

"Yeah I'm fine I ju-just needed u-um..."

"Help?"

Her fingers lightly skim over the scrapes on his chest through his bloody white shirt. Peter gulps and grabs her hand, making her look up at him.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare you-"

"It's fine Peter..."

Mila looks in his big brown eyes and wished that he could feel the feelings that were now intensifying. She definitely still liked him and she hated that she did because she knew he had no feelings for her whatsoever.

"No it's not. I meant to come in Gwen's window. I just- s-she... there's something that is... she knows... um..."

Peter notices how straight Mila stands up. He wishes he hadn't opened his big mouth. Mila pulls her hand out of his and quickly steps back, looking flustered.

"It's fine Parker. I get it. I'll go get her and a first aid kit."

Mila starts to walk towards the door until she is stopped by Peter holding onto her wrist. He turns her around and holds her arms making her stand in front of him and look him dead in the eyes.

"You were right... I'm sorry. Dr Connors is onto something bad. I'm sorry for not listening to you."

Mila nods.

"Mila-"

Mila escapes from his hold and smiles lightly, but Peter can tell it never reaches her eyes. The gleam that was usually in them was gone.

"It's fine Parker. Stay here... if my dad sees you, you're as good as dead..."

Peter looks down at his drained, tired and torn body. Mila chuckles humorlessly and looks him up and down. The dark rings around his eyes showed how exhausted he was. His hair was flying more wild than usual and of course he stood bloody from all the cuts on his body.