• Maria •

"Baangs are a unit of controlled shinsu. Each baang quality is measured in Myun, which is the baang's size, and Soo, which depicts the concentration of shinsu within a baang. The higher the Soo, the more destructive your baang is gonna be. So just remember, Myun is the amount and Soo is the purity. Now I'm no Wave Controller instructor, so you'll learn more about it on the Floor of Tests, where they have the Position Selection," Jinsung explained to Achim about the basics of shinsu.

"Then uh... the wider the Myun one can control, the wider the area in which shinsu can be applied?" Achim asked. "Because the basic single Myun is equal to around 3.306 square meters. So like it would depend on whether you want bigger Myun and less Soo, or more Soo and less Myun for your opponent, as the more baangs you have the harder it is to control. Right?"

"Y-Yeah I guess," Jinsung's eye twitched. Who the hell is this kid? "But don't worry about that now. You're an Irregular, so you'll learn how to produce a baang fast."

"...if you say so."

"But anyway, in the Tower, there are five main positions. There's the Fisherman, who fights at the heart of the battle, at close quarters. They're the ones who usually have an Arms Inventory and an Armors Inventory. Then there's the Scout, who runs ahead to observe their enemy forces for information, then return to deliver the information to the Light Bearers, and they assist the Fisherman with the offense. The Spear Bearers are the snipers for the team, throwing spears at a long-range with deadly accuracy. But they can also fight with the Fisherman with spears if they'd prefer that. The Light Bearers control their Lighthouses with shinsu and observe battles from a distance, taking data from the Scout to strategize in the future," he explained further.

"And the Wave Controller...?" Achim asked. 

"... Wave Controllers are the directors of the battle, aiding their comrades by healing their wounds, annihilating enemy forces, or subtly changing the tide of the battle, all through the use of Shinsu. There are many variations of this Position, but you'll learn more as you climb the Tower. The Wave Controller is the rarest out the five, but I'm suspecting you'll have no problem being a Wave Controller. If you are a Wave Controller, that is. You could also be a Fisherman... given how I'm going to train you..." he mumbled off. 

Achim just stared at him. There are more positions, huh? she thought. I'm gonna have to go to Aguero's place again and read his books. "Alright," she said. "Can we start tomorrow?"

"Eh? Are you sure?"

Achim nodded. It's for the best. "Also... what do you think about the Khun family?"

Jinsung's eyes narrowed at her. "Why the Khun Family specifically?"

Achim stiffened. I can't let him know, she decided. "I've read about them, they seem to be... interesting?"

Jinsung laughed. "Jahad hates Khun Eduan, it's funny. He's known for having the most wives out of all the Families and doesn't care what happens to his children as long he has women and booze."

Achim cringed and thought back to her cunning friend Aguero. How is someone like that born from an apathetic satyromaniac? she thought. "I-I see."

"For one thing, when the Khun children turn ten, they have to fight each other. The winners are deemed the true children and are allowed to wear the crest of the family."

Well then! Assuming that those who don't win are abandoned and don't wear the crest, that's inhumane! her eyes widened.

☀️ ☀️ ☀️