• Suspicions •

"Hi, I'm the Test Guide, Yellowy," a woman dressed in yellow smiled. "This test will be conducted one team after another. The first team, enter please!" 

"Waiting so boring," Khun sighed, flopping onto a bench. He glanced at Bam, who was looking at the sky in amazement. "What's so interesting, Bam?"

"N-No, it's just... I've never been in such a bright place..." Bam said brightly. "That blue thing... is that what's called the sky?"

"That's the sky?!" Achim blurted out in surprise. She knew what it was, but it was never confirmed to her.

"Yeah...?" Khun lifted an eyebrow at the chestnut-haired siblings. "Why are you asking such obvious things? It's like you've never seen it before."

"Oh!" Bam said excitedly. "So like if you keep going up into the sky, you get to see bright stars!" Achim nodded along.

"What are you guys talking about?" Khun frowned. "The stars are just a legend. That blue sky is created by shinsu, and the bright moon at night is just a light ball. So if you go up the only you'll reach is this floor's roof. I doubt the real sky exists."

"Oh, I see..." Bam responded, somewhat disappointed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!" bloodcurdling screams rang out throughout the room, the source coming from inside the test area. 

"Next team please!" Yellowy continued to smile like nothing had happened.

Achim looked at her pocket. This one is taking longer, she observed. Only three  out of ten teams didn't scream so far. If the teams that didn't scream pass, the passing rate at average is really low. But so far the teams that didn't scream never went passed five minutes. Those who took longer than five screamed...

"Hey pals, why the long faces?" a pink eerie face appeared between Khun and Achim. Achim squeaked, startled, grabbing her brother's arm. 

"Who are you? And what do you want?" Khun spat. 

"Aw, don't glare at me like that, we're all in the same boat! I'm here to give you a hint about the test!"

"Yeah? Well, we don't need it," Achim turned away, resting her chin on her hand. "'Cause I already know." Khun snapped his head at her, then at the yellow balloon guy. 

"How would you know?"

"Simple deduction!" Mr. Neonbag raised a finger. "I was chosen because of my exceptional intelligence, so this one is simple! It's the ti—!"

"Yes, yes, the time. The teams that didn't scream all passed the test within five minutes, we know," Achim waved a hand. "The testing room is completely blocked off from here, but we could only hear those horrible screams and these screams only. The test admins are intentionally letting here the screams, giving us the hint that whatever test is in there, it has to be completed in five minutes. Did I miss anything?" she said calmly, a threatening tone lacing her voice as she shot him a sidelong glance.

"..." They all stared at Achim in shock. But Mr. Neonbag was quick enough to regain himself first. "Well, well," he cheered gleefully. "You're a smart one too!"

"A-Achim," Khun started. But she interrupted him. 

"Thanks, but... why was it that I saw you and two other people going to each team and talking with them as well? Was it the same hint?" Achim crossed her arms, still having her back faced towards him. "It was on purpose wasn't it? Or are you just using them to test your hypothesis? Well, never mind that. Just spit it out. You're a Test Assistant, aren't you?"