• One Baang •

Achim laid on her bed and outstretched her arms above her which were holding a book. "So the Position names actually came from Jahad's original team hunting divine fish? Cool~!" she read aloud excitedly.

"You... you're quite the bookworm, aren't ya?" Jinsung smirked at her as he passed by.

"I'm mostly trying to fish out the quickest and most efficient ways to create a baang," she admitted. "But nothing comes up."

"That's because there is no quickest or most efficient way. It just depends on the person, and it normally takes around a couple of years to make at least two baangs."

"I-I see..."

Achim put down her book and scrunched her face up as she put her hands together to make a baang. A little flit of blue swirled between her hand and faded away. ".....A...A-AHH?!!" Achim jumped and stared at her hands.

"What a late reaction!" Jinsung said between laughs. "And don't be so surprised. I can't deny that you're already pretty talented and have a high aptitude. After all, you had a giant blob of shinsu pass through you like the wind. Anyway, keep at it and you'll make a baang in no time. Come here, let's practice more martial arts," he motioned for her.

"O-Okay."

"How much had your agility improved?"

"A... A little?"

"Have you been practicing, other than reading?"

"Of course."

"Good."

"Thank you."

☀️ ☀️ ☀️

"Argh...." Achim let out a grumble. It's been a week, and I STILL haven't been able to make one baang... she thought. Once again, she put her hands together and concentrated on combining Myun and Soo, and a bigger flicker of blue swirled in her hands. It was normal sized, but the surface barely connected. It stayed way more longer in Achim's hands than it did the previous times until fading with a glitter.

Almost there, she sighed. Each day, for six days, Achim concentrated on making a baang. And as each day flew by, more and more shinsu gathered in her hand, and she slowly and gradually poured in more Soo to make the baang more destructive. Sure, Achim may have almost exploded her room, but you know, only a bookshelf was destroyed, no big deal. Until the seventh day came around. Pacing her breathing, inhaling and exhaling, swirls of blue shinsu levitated in her hand, starting from the core of the baang, then the surface smoothing out. She increased her pace in pouring Myun and Soo in the baang slowly until the baang's volume was fully filled and levitating in her hands.

The full baang stayed in the air for a full five minutes until it faded away.

.

.

.

"AHHH??!!!" Achim screamed in surprise and stared at her hands in horror once again.

Jinsung came rushing into her room, skidding to the door. "What, What's going on?!" he frantically asked.

"I... I made a baang," said Achim breathlessly.

Jinsung deadpanned at her. "IN JUST TWO WEEKS?" he exclaimed with a shocked look on his face. Achim bobbed her head up and down quickly. "Wow... that's insane," he chuckled, suddenly calm. "Rankers usually take about four years...." he scratched his head. "Well, now you have to learn how to manipulate it. Practice making one baang until you can make one instantly. Hone it to perfection. Then you can try making two baangs."