• Betrayal •

Day by day, Achim learns way more than she gains. She's able to fight independently now, thanks to her master Jinsung Ha, who was like a father figure to her. Her ideal weapon, a Japanese parasol. It wasn't really your ideal weapon that you fight with, but it was for Achim. 

"Incidentally," Jinsung asked Achim. "What's your brother like? Bam, was it?"

"Well, I dunno," Achim twirled a stick around her fingers, which sprung into her umbrella. Nice and portable, she thought. "I've never met him. He looks similar to me, that's for sure."

Jinsung was instantly lost in his thoughts. If Bam is just as a monster as Achim is, we can probably make it, he pondered. Night transitions to Morning. Morning passes, day arrives and becomes night again. That's how time continues. One can't live without the other without breaking something, whether it be time, space, or bonds. When we meet him, they can both become slayer candidates. I'll just have Hwa Ryun accompany Achim to the Tower, and let them find Bam. At the end

"Master?" Achim's soft voice interrupted him from his train of thoughts. "Are you okay? You seem to a bit spacey today."

"I'm fine," he merely replied, stretching his arms out in front of him and walked outside to smoke. "Just thinking." How strange, he thought. Was I ever this soft? Or was it just because of her? he raised an eyebrow at Achim, who was giddily playing with her parasol. 

"I was wondering—" Achim started.

"Shocking," Jinsung cut her off, still facing the balcony with a cigarette in his mouth.

"Hey!"

"Just spit out whatever your wondering."

"You have the same last name as Miss Yuri right? Are you guys related?"

Jinsung's eyes narrowed at her. This girl just never seemed to surprise him. Ha Yuri Jahad. Achim met her? "Yeah, she's my niece. The Ha Family is also one of the Ten Great Families."

The air around her just seemed to sparkle. "Oooooh! That must be nice, being related to a Princess."

"No, it's not, it mean your are related to Jahad," Jinsung said with disgust. "Like hell I'd want that to happen."

Achim just giggled.  She'd wonder how Aguero would react if his sister got to be the chosen princess. Not Maria, but his own biological sister. Proud? Achim thought. Or disappointed, that Maria didn't make it? Whatever, I'm going to see him today, I'll ask him about it. "Also... why do you like living here?" she then asked. He obviously knows about the Khuns living nearby, so why does he still remain here?

"The nice and relaxing view," he said simply. She merely nodded. The view was certainly nice.

Achim waited for the night to come until she could sneak out again. This has been going on for a while now, and fortunately Jinsung has never noticed. God lnows what will happen if he found out she was friends with a Great Family brat. Achim swiftly and quietly traveled across the hou—

"Where are you going?" Jinsung's voice rang out nonchalantly. "Aren't you supposed to be in bed? Or are you... sneaking out?"

Crap, Achim froze. "I uh, was just hungry," Achim lied, though she wished she was just as good as Aguero at lying presicely for this moment. 

"You just ate," Jinsung deadpanned at her. "And the fridge is the opposite to wherever you are going, you know that. Now, where are you sneaking off to?" 

Achim couldn't lie. She would have to learn how as she climbed the tower. Maybe Aguero could teach her, but that's if she could wriggle out of this situation. Jinsung sighed and scowled at her. "Let me guess, you found the Khun residence nearby have you?" he asked.