• Maybe Not •

"Sorry I'm late, Regulars," their Wave Controller teacher said as Bam walked in and plopped beside Achim. "My name is Yuga. And I'm in charge of the Wave Controller position."

Achim rested her chin in her hand glanced at Bam, who sat nervously at her side. Surely he wasn't thinking of Rachel at this moment, is he?

"Shinsu is the world itself," Yuga started. "Shinsu helps us breathe and live life. Also, it is the core of all energy. We can't do anything without shinsu. Shinsu can be water, fire, or light. It can change in infinite ways. No word can perfectly describe this fantastic element. It's like the blessing of God."

If there even is a God, Achim mumbled in her head.

"Controlling shinsu is like interrupting the role of God. Because it is so powerful, it is very dangerous to control it. With that said, I can kill all the Regulars here... within five seconds. Isn't that scary~?" Yuga giggled lightly.

Those last words sent shivers down everyone's spine. Though for Achim, she knew that not everything comes from books, like ways to defeat a Ranker and such. Some people here might be able to put up a tiny fight, but they're absolutely nothing compared to a Ranker.

"As controlling shinsu is so dangerous, to use it without any special item, you need to get permission from the floor's Administrator. Not the Test Administrator, no, the Floor Administrator. You can use the items without permission because they were already permitted by the Administrators at the workshop after they were made. But if you are using more than a specific amount of shinsu, it's a different story. You have to get a contract with the Administrator. This contract must be done on every floor or else you'd be restricted from using shinsu. Mr. Laure, you've already contracted with this Floor Administrator, didn't you?"

"Well... yes," replied Laure.

"And you as well... Miss Achim?" Yuga narrowed his eyes as he asked her, and no one noticed but her.

"Yes..." she answered with a suspicious tone, and Bam looked at her with surprise.

"Well, alright," Yuga hummed ignorantly. "Now let's learn how to make a contract with an Administrator! Close your eyes, and change Pocket to invisible mode. Now simply say to the Pocket, 'Contract with Administrator.'"

"Contract with Administrator," Bam mumbled next to Achim, then everyone stopped talking, only a deafening silence filling the moment. Laure yawned. After what seemed like a while, a couple of dings rang out through the room and a "CONTRACT FORMED" message showed on the surface of the Pocket. Achim stared blankly as Bam lightly gasped and opened his eyes.

"Well? How was it?" Achim dully asked him.

"He— er, it mentioned you..." Bam said quietly. Achim raised a brow.

"What did he say?"

"Well...did he also say that your contract would be a shackle or something?"

Achim's eyes widened slightly. Does the Floor Admin know we are siblings? "Yeah. That's strange..."

"Phew... it's finally over," Bam sighed.

"C'mon, it wasn't that hard," Achim shrugged. Bam gave her a pointed look and Achim merely smiled back.

"You look tired, Bam-ssi," a yellow-haired guy with a red horn remarked as he approached them.

"Who are you?" Achim's eyes narrowed.

"Ah, I'm Hoh," he introduced politely, giving them a closed-eye smile. "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise!" Bam grinned. Achim smiled, but Hwa Ryun gave her the look before she did. The look, that is, a suspicious look that a guide like Hwa Ryun would warn her if someone is not trustworthy.