• Culling •

(Credits to me ^^)

"Amazing..." Bam looked around in wonder. "This many people passed the test.."

"Well, be careful. There are people that have dirty and cheap tricks and have unusual powers. They passed the tests after all," Khun looked around. "All the regulars here are ferocious enemies."

"Wow—"

"Found you!" a Regular bellowed, grabbing onto another Regular's collar. "Look what you did to my arm!"

"A fight during break?" Khun sighed. "How impudent. They'll be stopped soon."

Achim didn't answer. She was so deep in thought, she didn't even notice the bickering that started. She was staring at every single regular, already trying to make out their strengths and weakness, their good personality or their bad personality. But the people who caught their eye were team of three with a lizard, samurai, and a... guy in a tracksuit. She figured all three were definitely going to pass every test.

"Did you not understand? No fighting during break times," a threatening make voice called out.

"Well, there you go," Khun smirked.

The male was tall, with bright blonde hair with two black spots under his eyes. Achim's eyes narrowed. Judging by his choice of clothing, he was a ranker, with a position as a Test Administrator. And he was not to messed with, for sure. But he wasn't evil.

"I'm Lero Ro, a test administrator," he introduced serenly. "Now this is quite a feisty crowd, eh?"

"A test admin?" one of the boys said in awe. "So that must mean your a..."

"A ranker, yes," Lero Ro smiled.

"A-Achim, what's a ranker?" Bam asked bewilderedly. "He didn't say much, but the fight stopped immediately.

"Rankers are people who've climbed to the top of the tower. They're complete monsters, or so I read in a book," Achim stared at Lero Ro.

"You guys didn't even know what Rankers were?" Khun eyed the siblings peculiarly.

Achim shrugged and Bam shook his head no. Strange... Khun thought. I thought Bam was way too ordinary. But turns out he's the most unusual one of us all. And Achim... she seems to be just like him. Just a little more educated is all.

"There will be a little test before you move on. And for your information, those who don't pass this test, can't participate in the next test!" Lero Ro explained.

"What?"

"What is the test then?"

Lero Ro smirked, and waved his hand around, flicking his wrist here and there. "And boom!" he said, and suddenly a flash of bright light burst form his hand, his power pushing pushing everyone back.

Sh...Shinsu! Achim thought wide-eyed, and grabbed her brother's arm, but he bravely stepped in front of her. They both shut their eyes, and Achim felt the shinsu pass through her like a very strong wind, her hair blowing wildly behind her. It felt just like the time Headon hit her with shinsu three years ago. Eventually the "wind" subsided and the siblings looked around. A giant wall of shinsu separated from everyone else, who got pushed back by the strong shinsu.

"Is is bad that we weren't pushed back? Could it be a mistake?" Bam muttered.

"No clue," Achim exhaled.

"Yes, yes. I created a barrier of shinsu that pushed you all back," Lero Ro explained. "Shinsu... can be a powerful and murderous weapon depending on how it's used. Those who won't deal well with shinsu are not worthy of the tower. Those who can't pass through this veil of shinsu don't have enough aptitude and fail this culling of a test. The teams who cross over this shinsu pass. Now then everyone, please come through."