• To the Tower •

( Btw that's Achim, credits to me ^^ )

"Even if Achim goes to the first floor at a different time then me, I'm sure that we'll both get transported to the same testing area on the second floor," Hwa Ryun said as Jinsung Ha wanted to discuss "some things". "You don't have to worry," she finished firmly.

"Well then," Jinsung started, flicked his cigarette into the trash. "I'll have Achim go last, because she's bound to get a different test since she's an Irregular."

"If that's what you wish."

"Oh and remember, Hansung Yu might ask you to do some things regarding Bam, Achim's older brother," Jinsung added. "Just do as he says. And just in case, wear something different if it involves risking Achim's trust in us. Like harming Bam, for instance. And please look out if anyone tries to hit on her, it's not everyday you see impeccable visuals," Jinsung said in disgust at the thought, just like a true father.

"Got it."

"What are you talking about?" Achim waddled into the room, twirling a chopstick around her fingers which sprung into her parasol. Because that was something she always did now. "Who's that?" she pointed to the Red Witch.

"Ah, this is Hwa Ryun, she'll accompany you as you climb the Tower," Jinsung said casually. "I was just telling her that she'll be your Guide."

"Wow, I get to have a Guide like Miss Yuri? Cool!" Achim beamed. "I'm Achim, make sure you guide me well, Ryun!" she smiled innocently. Hwa Ryun smiled back at her, satisfying Achim enough.

☀️ ☀️ ☀️

"Master Achim..." Headon's voice rang out. "We finally meet again."

"So um... what test to I have to do now?" Achim asked politely. She'd rather skip the introduction and get straight to the test, as her master had warned her her test would be much harder than others since she forced open the gates to the tower by herself. Headon said nothing, but what Achim thought was a wall behind her faded away and a cage became visible. "Wh-what...?" Achim stared at the shinsu cage in wonder. A ginormous divine fish swam in the green-tinged shinsu, seemingly waiting to bite someone's head off.

"The rules are quite straightforward. You will enter the cage. Do you see that black ball in the middle? Pop that without getting eaten by the White Steel Eel. If you can do that? You pass," Headon explained as he waved his shinsu staff. "But this creature is ferocious you know, you will inevitably die. Look at it, it's waiting to eat you."

Achim swallowed thickly. I've read about that White Steel Eel, she thought. Even people on the 20th floor and some above even have a hard time dealing with this creature.

"Well?" Headon asked her, snapping Achim out of her thoughts.

"I'll do it," Achim said, struggling to keep her tone the same. After all, she needed to find Bam. This was the only way. If she can't pass this test, she'd have to turn back. And turning back means no climbing the tower.

"Wonderful," Headon smirked.

Achim walked towards cage, her shoes softly tapping on the stone floor. She inhaled, then exhaled, and stepped inside the shinsu. It was a lot of shinsu, but it didn't seem to affect Achim in anyway. In fact, she moved freely in it like it was merely air. She felt the wall fading back into existence once again, but it was translucent this time. The White Steel eel swam towards Achim intimidatingly and snapped it's jaws at her, but she fortunately rolled out the way. There's literally no way to escape this thing! Achim clenched her jaw. But a stupid idea suddenly came to her like a lightbulb dinged in her head.