Chapter 6: Be Mine?

My phone kept blowing up with notifications about the party from our school. I checked my work schedule and noticed that I didn't have to work at all this week. I was walking home from school again and noticed Zack was in front of the doors looking different. He wasn't carrying his scythe for some reason. He was dressed up in a...suit? What the heck is happening? He cleared his throat and held out his hand. I stared at it for a bit then took it as he took me inside. Robert was putting his scythe away and smiled seeing us. 

"My lady, there's a dress that Zack wanted you to wear," Robert said. Zack? He's probably trying to murder me in this dress if he was the one who picked it out. Robert came and handed me a tight black dress. I just stared at it for a while.

"I don't wear tight dresses," I stated.

"Oh cmon princess," Zack said rolling his eyes. I sighed then took the dress going to my room later coming out in it. I crossed my arms shivering a bit. I blushed a bit embarrassed to be wearing something so exposing. I walked back to the two of them having my small shoulder bag over my shoulder and wearing black stringed heels.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked Zack. He was busy staring at me. "Hello? Zack?" I waved my hand in front of his face as he came back to reality. "Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see," he said holding my hand and dragging me out. 

"Have fun you two," Robert smiles waving goodbye. Huh? Where are we even going? I followed wherever Zack went. I looked at him in his nice suit, it's a rare occasion for Zack to wear anything else. 

"Zack, we've been walking for a while," I said. "My feet hurt,"

He growled then carried me in his arms walking.

"It's your dumbass fault that you wore those damn heels," he says. I pressed my ear against his chest to listen to his heartbeat. 

"You look good in the suit," I commented. I heard his heart race faster and gulp. He walked into a far off forest, he must be planning to kill me here. I looked around noticing lots of butterflies around here. Zack was walking to a cliff. "You going to throw me off?"

I noticed a blanket on the ground along with a big basket. As he set me down, he also sat down and opened the basket pulling out variety of food in containers. There was a big tree that we were close with as it blocked the sun giving us some shade. 

"Open your damn mouth," Zack says holding a spoon with meat on it. I look at it closely then open as he feeds me. He kept feeding me with different kinds of food as he was feeding himself with the same spoon. Why is he doing this?

"So, did Robert make all of this?" I asked. He nods then looks at me.

"Do you like the food and scene?" he asked. I nod and look around smiling.

"It's really beautiful," I responded. "It's like a fairytale place," I held out my pointer finger as a butterfly flies and lands on it. It was a blue-winged colored butterfly. I looked at Zack as he was smiling. He noticed me then frowned again.

"I needed to tell you some things," he said.

"I'm listening," I said as the butterfly flew away. He started explaining about what had happened to him as a child then he was moved into a building with his own floor. He mentioned a little girl named Ray and how they escaped that place together making sure that he could kill her in the end. He just basically explained to me his whole life. It was a little...comforting to hear him let out his own story to me. I'm not exactly sure what that means. Why did he want to tell me it? He starts unwrapping his bandages and exposed his burnt skin.

"Do I look cute now?" he asked.

"I think that you still look good," I said touching his arms and observing it. "Why are you doing all of this?"

"I think that you poisoned me or something princess. I feel weird staying with you and all, but there's just something about you. I think I like...have feelings for you or whatever," he confessed.

"Feelings?" I said. I move closer and give him a hug. "So? You want me to be your girlfriend?"

Zack scratches his head. 

"Yeah, I think that's what I want. I don't know how to do this relationship shit, but I'll try it if it's with you. You'll be mine?" he asked. I laugh then look at him wrapping his bandages back up. 

"Sure, I'll be yours," I answered giving him a kiss. He pulled back surprised and fully red blushing since his bandages weren't on his face yet. I give more another kiss. 

"Mmm! MMM!!! Mmm!" he kept muffling. He looks at my eyes. "Your eyes are so beautiful,"

He touched the side of my cheeks. "You also look cute or whatever," he said looking away and rolling his eyes. 

"My name, Sara, it means princess," I said. "Zack, I know that I was born into a rich family. I'm not proud of it, but I'm glad that I was able to grow up in an okay household. I don't look down upon others though,"

Zack finished putting his bandages back on and grabbed a knife out of his suit. 

"To stab me?" I asked. He lifts his eyebrow.

"No, to carve our initials into the tree. Couples do that shit, right?" he asked.

"Usually yeah, but it's so rare," I answered. He got up and carved in our initials into the tree. I looked and noticed that the sun was setting. I looked at the view and smiled as Zack came back and put his arm around me. "So that girl really tried to live by admiring your "work"?" 

"Yeah, that dumb bitch felt my chest and tried to kiss up to me. She then tried to run, but I stabbed her until she finally died," he said. He turned my head and lifted up my chin. "You're a little different compared to her, a lot actually. I think you're the glue I need to fix my broken self,"

"I'd be happy to become the glue you need,"

He rubbed my cheek with his thumb and gave a small smirk. I went into his chest and smelled him.

"Are you wearing cologne?"

"Ew, no. It's my natural scent without the smell of blood,"

His scent surrounded me as I fell asleep into his chest while the sun shined onto my face. Zack sighed and removed a strain of hair behind my ear watching me sleep peacefully.