Chapter 7: Hidden Emotions

I slowly woke up to see myself in my room. I checked the time, 6 AM. I sat up and saw that I was still in my outfit when I was with Zack. I must've been so tired that I fell asleep. I got up to take a quick shower and get ready. I started rethinking about what happened with Zack. Ah, that's right. I'm dating him, right? I wondered if he did anything to me while I was asleep. Wait, I slept in his arms? Oh goodness. I touched my heart as it kept beating fast, ah, what is this feeling? It's happening. Am I going to have a heart attack? I finished my shower and got dressed in a hoodie and jeggings since I had another hour until I had to actually prepare to get to school. I blow-dried my hair then tied it up into a bun. I walked out of my room and noticed that the other two were most likely in their rooms or out and about. I walked down my hallway passed Zack's room and went to the very last door. I opened it and looked at the huge ice rank that was installed in my "apartment". One of my biggest pleasures was ice skating, I use to compete in competitions and just for fun. I walked into the room and closed the door. I sighed and started stretching. Maybe some skating could help me calm down a bit. I sat on a bench and put on my skates. I got onto the ice and played the song (00:19) taking in some deep breaths and skating to the music. I loved the way that the sun shined through the windows down into this dark room. 

(Zack's POV)

I watched her from the door as she was skating. Damn, she looks like she's having a shit ton of fun. She looked so beautiful skating on the ice, how the hell can she do that without falling off? Her mind seemed at eased and her smile looked so goddamn pretty. I didn't know that she was this good at skating, who knew this princess could stand so well? I watched her do some clean spins and jumps landing back onto the ice without falling down onto her butt. I caught the perfect moment as the sun shined onto her eyes showing their true colors as she smiled. The sound of metal scraping against the ice was so soothing to listen too. It's like listening to a pencil being used onto a piece of paper. She was pretty flexible and her jumps were too perfect, is this a hidden talent of hers? 

(Sara's POV)

I listened to the love song feeling the emotions expressing from the inside of me to the outside. Love, huh? What an interesting feeling to talk about. It makes people go crazy being with someone else? I started doing spins and lifted my leg up pulling it behind me and bent back as my foot was now on top of my head. I released my leg and started skating around the rank freely. I closed my eyes and pictured the whole room were filled to the seats with lots of people just watching me perform. Their eyes all staring me down as I performed with emotions, not what I was instructed to do. I didn't like being told what to do, but I'd do it in order to live, to just survive. Maybe that's why I enjoyed ice skating so much. It was to escape from reality, I could make my own rules within my performance instead of having people telling me what to do. The cold air I felt when entering the room has disappeared since I started skating. My arms moved on their own as I let them released my own control. They flow so freely along with my feet just skating all about in my own little world. My thoughts of a crowd shifted to moments with Zack. 

From when we first met at this moment where we now are together. We just started off as strangers and encountered one another through that alleyway. I then just took him in to keep me company since I never really had anyone over except Robert from time to time. He's really changed my life ever since we first met each other. He's still thinking that he can kill me? That's a funny thought that still appears in my head once in a while. Zack really let his guard down last night telling me about his old little stories that had happened to him. He even went so far as to take off his bandages and showed me the most vulnerable parts of him. Does he really want to start something with me? It makes me feel, different. It made me feel so happy. Strange how a psychopath like him could even pull that off, although he should work on his communication with others. I smiled thinking about him. He's such a dumb goofball, a complete idiot, and a short-tempered person that it cracks me up. 

I've always held my different kinds of emotions in because my parents never liked me like that. They always wanted me to listen and obey whatever they said. They wanted to keep me as their doll or robot in order to feel like I was the perfect child for them. I'm such an idiot for doing that. I've held my emotions in so much that I finally forgot how to feel, then he came along with his different personality and pulled my emotions back. Emotions that have been trapped in my body for so long. I opened my eyes and saw Zack watching me from afar. His face seemed relaxed as he gave out a little smile. My eyes widened and I bit my lip as tears fell down onto my skin and dripped off of my face.