Chapter 10: Brad News

I turned on the tv the next morning to see that Brad and his friends were on the news. I kept watching what the reporters had to say. Zack laughed at the news sitting next to me. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to hurt people you know?" he asks looking at me. I punched his arm and hugged it.

"I was going to let them have their fun then beat them up. You didn't have to beat them up," I said.

"Well, they made me mad"

I looked up at him.

"How so?"

He looked away.

"I don't know. They just had their hands on you and stuff. I went by your cafe earlier and saw them enter then stay in the alleyway waiting for you. Goddamn bastards," 

"Someone seemed a little bit jealous," I said.

"Psh, was not! Their smile just fucking annoyed me!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Well thanks, Zack,"

He looks at me and smiles a bit.

"Yeah yeah, whatever princess,"

He pets my head then we looked at the tv again. They showed the only evidence that they had, it was the ripped up note that Brad had. Oh goodness, I might be interviewed.

"We didn't get rid of the evidence," I said. Zack shrugs.

"Relax, you can lie your way through it," he replied.

"I thought you didn't like liars," I said crossing my arms and sticking out my tongue. He sticks his tongue and licks mine. I blushed and push him off the couch. I could hear him laughing.

"Did that really catch you off guard? Hehe..." he keeps laughing. I kick his head as he falls to the floor. "OWW! OKAY! DAMN BABE!"

"T-That's what you get," I said getting up going to the door. Zack rubs his head and walks with me as Robert tagged along. I said goodbye and left. I decided to take my motorcycle to school this time since I got it back. When I parked and started walking, everyone looked at me funny as they were whispering to one another. It must've been about Brad. I heard the speakers.

"Sara, please report to the principles office," 

They repeated it two more times as I changed my direction and started towards to another path. I started thinking of what I could say to avoid having any further investigation with me. When I got there, I sat down as they started questioning me if I knew anything about it. I just said that the last encounter was when I heard him and his friends wanted me to take their orders at the cafe, that's about it. They trusted my words since I was a pretty good student, it didn't take much convincing. I could tell that they were looking for me to break my poker face whenever, but I didn't. I looked down and bit my lip starting to fake cry. I placed my hands onto my face and kept crying.

"H-He shouldn't have deserved this," I said all shakily. I grabbed some tissues and continued playing with them as they wrote down every single word I said. When I was done, they offered to tell me what they think might have happened to them.

"There's been a couple of reports of a murderer in that alleyway. We've heard of dead thugs and a woman dying in that alleyway," they said. "It has to be that person,"

At least I'm off the hook, but Zack might be in a bit of trouble. He must be a crazy or smart enough criminal if he could break out of prison. I continued to listen to their reasons then proceeded to leave the office when they were finished. I took out my water bottle and took a few gulps heading back to class. Everyone stared at me when I entered and when I sat down at my desk. The teacher tried their best to distract the students from the lesson again instead of only focusing on me. 

Let's see where this goes.