Chapter 13: Happy Ending

(Play the music)

I got home from school and noticed Zack was wearing a red long sleeve that was pulled up and black pants. He noticed I was home and kissed me.

"Welcome home honey," he said walking to the kitchen. 

 "Hmm? Well, this is new," I claimed. He started putting food on the table as Robert was sitting.

"I made us food, come eat together," Zack said as I put my backpack away and sat down. I looked at Robert.

"Did you know that he'd do this?" I asked. Robert shakes his head.

"No idea," he responded.

"Let's eat together as a family would do," Zack said sitting down. Robert and I lifted our brows, but gave in and started eating with him. Zack was starting conversations with all of us as we kept switching from topics to topics. We all laughed and smiled at each other's responses when there was a chance too. 

"Zack? What is all of this?" I asked.

"I'm just repaying my small debt to you two, but it's also because I trust you too," he said. "Sara, would you mind ice skating for us?"

My eyes widened as I smiled a bit.

"I don't see a reason to deny," I answered. Zack put the dishes away and Robert got up to wash them until Zack stopped him.

"Don't worry, I've got it old man," he said. We walked to the ice rank along with Robert. He helped Robert sit down in the bleachers then walked with me. 

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

"Just relax princess," he answered making me sit and helping me put on my skates. He made sure to tighten it. "Your skirt are also shorts, right?" 

I nodded. He held my hands as I got up. He's acting so...sweet. I looked at him as he gave me a tight hug. 

"I'd love to see you ice skate on tv some time," he said kissing my cheek then my lips. "Good luck my princess," 

I blushed and nodded as he went to go sit next to Robert. I watched him smile and talked to Robert about something as they shared chuckles. I smiled and plugged my phone into the speakers to start the music. I got onto the ice rank and started skating around to get used to the rank. I went back and pressed play then skated to the middle. I closed my eyes and started skating. A smile was drawn across my face and I couldn't stop smiling. I looked up at the bleachers to see Robert and Zack sitting there and smiling at me performing. I felt so happy to have someone see what I enjoyed doing.

(Robert's POV)

I've been with my lady for so long and have never seen her smile so brightly to anyone else except me. I found it so interesting for her to let another person into her house. She'd never do that to anyone including any of her closest friends. The person right next to me had come into her life for a purpose. It was a nice way to cause a new change in her life and even my own. I found myself enjoying time with him while my lady was away at school and work. My lady looked so happy on that ice rank as her smile would not disappear. Her face was calm and relaxed as she started doing her flips. You look so beautiful when you're on the ice. 

"Doesn't she look pretty?" I asked Zack. Zack looked back at me and nodded.

"She looks so damn beautiful. I'll make sure that she ice skates again," he stated. "Also, Robert, right? Thank you for watching over Sara for so long. She also really loves your company, you were one of the reasons why she didn't feel so alone in the world," 

I heard and smiled looking back at my lady.

"I'd also love to thank you as well for coming into our lives, it sure has spiced it up," I said. "It was...ahem...a "groovy" move,"

Zack covered his mouth and started quietly laughing.

"Don't ever try and sound cool again,"  he said. I cleared my throat. 

"D-Deal," I responded.

(Zack's POV)

Hell yeah princess, you rock that goddamn ice. Fucking hell, she looked so fucking pretty. I'm not into anyone who is always smiling. For some reason, when Robert and Sara smiles, it feels a little bit different. I don't get pissed off and don't feel the urge to kill them. They've offered me food, money, and a place to stay. I never knew that there were still such people like that, just like my old man who took me in. Everything that I've always hated, seemed to have changed with these two compared to everyone else. I guess that it must mean something and I should keep them. Who knew that I didn't want to kill everyone I saw? The times we've spent together has made me become soft, but only for those two. It would never be anyone else except them.

"Ey! Yo, princess! I love the hell out of you!" I shouted at her. She laughed and blew us a kiss. I grabbed her kiss and saved it into my pockets for later. 

"I love you too Zack!" she shouted. 

I guess that I could deserve a happy ending even after all of the things that I've done. I'm not sure who I have to thank for that.

But,

Well,

Whatever.

I smiled.