SEVEN| -- . .- -. .. -. --.

A special thank you to __Kim__Aalo__ for the beautiful cover art :,) I love it, we stan rich boi Chim <3 If anyone ever wants to make a cover for any of my books, don't hesitate to show me! I'll post them! I'd like to thank everyone again for supp...

A special thank you to __Kim__Aalo__ for the beautiful cover art :,) I love it, we stan rich boi Chim <3 If anyone ever wants to make a cover for any of my books, don't hesitate to show me! I'll post them! I'd like to thank everyone again for supporting this book, I really appreciate it :,3 If you're seeing this right now, then you're a real one :,) Stay safe and well!

Also, I will be adding a way to decipher Morse code at the Intro chapter of this book. Just for fun.

~~~

And so began your new schedule in the Between. Everyday you would wake up from a dreamless rest upon hearing the ringing of the clock tower and quickly washed up for work. At the food truck, you kept up with the flow of customers alongside your coworkers.

The first half of the day was filled with grease and hard work; often times you feeling as if you couldn't keep going as your feet ached and more guests and workers lined up at the prospect of street food. To add to it all, now not only were you physically exhausted, but mentally as well.

19 had agreed to teach you morse code, but with you dancing for almost the entirety of the evening and he keeping up with the truck, there wasn't much time in either of your schedules to meet specifically for lessons. And so, he incorporated it into your working period.

The whiteboard in the back of the truck that was usually used for keeping up with orders was now covered in dots, dashes, and letters. During small breaks, 19 would demonstrate the correct way to distinguish the parts of the coded language and portrayed them in knocks. He was thorough in his lessons and informed you that there were many ways to utilize morse in not only visual ways but also in auditory sounds. 

It was a lot to take in, so he started off by attempting to slowly teach you the alphabet. Between customers, a new letter and series of soft and hard knocks were taught to you as you scrambled to remember them all. 

Soon, much to the irritation of 25 and 52 who found the morse code lessons a waste of time, 19 would use morse in order to signal what food needed to be cooked for the customer. Your mind whirled as you attempted to slowly decipher the individual letters while 25 groaned in annoyance.

You found your sleep hindered as your mind began working to memorize and familiarize those dots and dashes. 19 had told you they were a staple of communication during times of war, and if the Between spoke during these times, then you wanted to be the one to hear it. 

After about a half day of work and learning morse at the truck, you would wave goodbye, hang up your apron, and make your way to the clock tower. A chipper and enthusiastic guy with a smile that almost made his eyes disappear was always there waiting for you. 

He, completely rested and energized, would push you into stretching and warm ups before a long dance lesson that usually took you awhile to catch onto. Although tired, you really did do your best. 62 often took pity on you, (much to your irritation) and allowed long breaks so you could finally sit down, but often times you cut them short. You needed to learn how to dance and no longer wanted to be a burden on your dance partner.