ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖

A/n: I'm sorry! But the MC of this story is female because there is no other way to write this story the way I want it written with a male MC! I can offer a story just like this one but with tweaks with the opposite gender, but this specific one is female oriented! Also, parts of this story will diverge from the anime of course. 

Today is going to be the best day of my life. I am going to win this game as the ace, and we are going to the nationals baby! 

The Nekoma girl's team isn't as popular as the boy's team, but soon that will change. I will make that change. 

"Hurry up, Y/n! We are going to be late!" My friend, Emica, shouted to me. 

I rushed to catch up to her while I struggled with my bag. Today was our first practice match before we go to the training camp before our representative playoffs! I didn't even bother looking at who we were playing against, but normally we play against the girl's team of whoever the boy's team arrange to play against. 

Emica and I burst through the gym panting from the exertion it took to sprint all the way to the gym from the intersection we normally meet at. Our captain, Hatake, stood their with a look that could kill. 

"And why are you two late?" She put her hands on her hip. The rest of the team had turned their attention to us by the door with looks of sympathy. 

"I didn't realize how late it had gotten this morning! My brother had lost his homework, and-" Emica cut me off, "Mari-chan," she called our captain by her first name sweetly, "Please, it'll never happen again!" 

Emica Aimoto. Always the charmer, and it would probably never change. Her words soothed our captain like a snake under a snake charmer's spell. The warm-ups commenced while Emica and I zoomed into the lockers to get changed. 

Halfway through our warm ups, a group of rather nervous looking girls joined us in our gym. They had Karasuno High uniforms on, so already my team was snickering. Karasuno had a rather bad reputation as the 'wingless crows.' 

"Now, we should be on our best game girls. Just because of their reputation does not mean they don't deserve our best game. Let's beat them with dignity!" Hatake shouted loud enough for Karasuno to here. 

After the introductions and greetings went on, the game began. I was a receiver in middle school, but ever since my first year (I am a second year now), I have been a setter. 

*flashback* 

"Don't you think that when you receive the ball you should not automatically assume the setter will give it to the spiker you chose? If you want to choose the spiker so bad, why don't you set in the first place?" A rather scary second year Hatake shouted at me. 

*present* 

I have always taken Hatake's words as gospel, but I never agreed with her when she gave certain suggestions to me. I could play any position you put me in, but I always wanted to control, so setting was my best bet. 

It was halfway through the second set. We won the first one 25-10, and our captain told us to give them a few points, so she put me in a position where I had to move more than I am used to. 

Our libero is a first year, and her lack of experience shows. As I ran to set the ball for a first tempo attack, she dived to save it as if I was not there. Both of her hands come full force into my legs, and her body come rushing into them if that wasn't enough. I was knocked forcefully to the ground unable to breathe for what felt like thirty minutes. 

It had only been three. I knew because the clock kept ticking on the wall. The clock was all I could focus on before a sudden stab of pain erupted in my right ankle that took the brute of the impact. 

"Y/n! Can you hear me? Are you okay?" Emica was above me trying to hold my hand but both of them rushed down to hold my ankle. 

"It hurts!" I screamed. "I  think I broke it!" 

Medics rush in and take me carefully, but the pain in my ankle only increased at the movement. 

"The game! No, our new setter isn't ready! I have to get back!" I cried, but was only met with my captain's firm, but saddened, look. 

"Y/n, you're out. Your ankle is twisted, and I don't think you will be back until-" 

"Mari, don't tell her those things right now." Emica cut her off, but I thrashed my head as best as I could with a medical cushion holding me steady. 

"Please! I want to know! I need to know!" My screams did nothing but gain the attention of people nearby. I was powerless. 

Today was the worst day of my life.