ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

"So, you really got hurt again? I overheard that someone saw you walk away from that guy from Shiratorizawa. We thought you had-"

"We never for a second thought you'd abandon us Y/n!" Yamamoto cut Lev's doubts off.

I smiled at both of them and the rest of the team while we ate. We'd already discussed everything that needed me to be discussed except the final elephant in the room.

"So, about you and K-"

"Hey, can we get some more rice?" Kuroo was quick to yell over Yaku who scowled at him. Yaku's persistence was respectful though because he began to ask the same question again.

This time I pushed Lev hard forcing him to smack into Kuroo who was next to him allowing Yaku to finish his question that I was going to make Kuroo answer. Sometimes, I like to watch the world burn.

"I-I, well, me and Y/n aren't really together. We just- we are talking as more than friends." Kuroo attempted to explain.

"You mean kissing as more than friends." Kenma pointed his chopsticks at Kuroo in a matter-of-fact way.

Kuroo nodded nervously but regained his confidence in a second when he switched the conversation to the ball Inuoka missed during one of the games that I had been there at. I immediately jumped in, "If the setter wouldn't have changed the play while the ball was in mid-air then it would never have happened!"

"The setter was doing what is right for the team!" Kuroo countered me, "Inuoka should have adjusted his spike like the rest of us do."

"Guys, he's right, I am s-" Inuoka was cut off my Lev muttering, "If he was taller that probably would not have happened."

Yaku scoffed, "Oh, that's real cheap coming from a first year." Fukunaga immediately shushed him to stop the fight in vain.

"Children, children! Stop fighting and-"

"Be quiet Kuroo! You went one game without your precious coach and you couldn't even block anymore! What's going to happen when you leave? After all, she's a second year and you're a third year." Fukunaga and and Kai tried their best to make to make Yamamoto shut up, but the damage had been done.

Kuroo and I were both speechless. He stared into his food silently and I stared at him hesitant to speak, but something had to be said. Lev spoke up and saved me the trouble.

"Y/n can still watch you play outside of high school. Plus, it's only a years difference." All of his attempts were proving unsuccessful against the contemplative aura that surrounded Kuroo now. Kuroo simply got up and walked out of the food shop.

I twirled the straw in my drink until Lev pushed me with his shoulder. I looked up to the team attempting to nudge me out the door with their eyes. I groaned, "I didn't do it! Way to go guys."

I got up and stomped out of the door, but quickly changed my stride to a small and slow few steps every three seconds once I got outside. Kuroo sat there on a bench with his head facing up to the sky but his eyes were closed.

"Tetsurou?" I didn't mean to sound shaky, but the timidness in my voice made him look up at me sympathetically.

"Y/n, sorry I walked out like that. I needed a minute." He pat the bench beside him and I gratefully sat down making sure to leave a gap between us. He seemed grateful for the gap as much as I was.