ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"I am so sorry for what happened! It will never happen again!" Emica apologized profusely as we walked to school. Kuroo walked behind us with an uneasy expression that I was ignoring. 

"It is fine, really. No permanent damage was done. I do need to stop and get my clothes from your house later, but please make sure Jun isn't home when I do." I told her sternly. 

"Why? Can't your boyfriend come with you?" She pointed back to Kuroo. We inhaled sharply and I shook my head quickly, "He's not my boy friend! He is a friend and the captain of the team I coach!" I explained and she clicked her tongue muttering, "Liar." 

As we all split to our classes, Kuroo gently took my arm to catch my attention. I turned back unable to meet his eyes. He looked away too, "Uh, thanks for letting me stay over last night. I will see you at practice." He rushed all of his words then walked away quickly. 

At practice, the first years all crowded me with questions that I answered one by one. I had them set up a game where I worked with Shibayama to help him save balls better. I felt eyes on me the entire time, but I had ignored them until this point. 

As I limped back to the bench, Kuroo approached me with papers in his hands. He handed them to me, "Spring tournaments start soon. I think we are ready. The first years have improved a lot thanks to you." The nonchalance in his voice surprised me, but I was not going to break the ease in the air to discuss what I wanted to. 

"Great, I think I will let you tell them the early time they have to wake up so we can get going tomorrow." I smiled evilly making him groan, "So they can hate me for it? Thanks, Coach." He jogged away calling the boys in a circle. 

I made my way towards them as they all looked nervous and disheartened. I held my whistle high up in the air catching all of their attention. "This whistle belonged to Coach Nekomata. It doesn't matter who is wearing, but the soul of this team is in it. We will win and we will become one of the best teams there is. We are the body's blood–flow smoothly and circulate oxygen so the brain functions normally." I pointed to Kenma making him look down in embarrassment. 

The boys laughed and shouted with the new moral boost. Kuroo shot me a thumbs up and we broke for the night. 

I stood by the door with the gym keys saying my goodbyes as the boys left until the only two in the gym were Kuroo and I. He cleared his throat and stuffed his hands in his pockets. 

"Listen, I know we have a no commitment thing right now, but I feel committed and this is going to put me off my game." He started. I put my hands up to stop him, "Tetsurou, we should put all of this on pause until we make it. As the leaders, that is our obligation." 

His face lit up and he nodded, "That's what I was going to say! So, you totally get it if we save the second date until after we lead the team to greatness?" The confidence in his tone made me grin wide. 

"You know it. You better not forget about it though or I will hold you personally responsible." I joked with him successfully lightening the mood. 

We gave each other a high five before locking the gym up and walking as far as we could together discussing other teams that will be at the Spring tournaments. 

"Let's do our best!" Lev shouted earning excited shouts from the team as they walked around the tournament gym area looking at the other teams.