13: Ain't No Telling What We Could've Been

"Look what this girl done did to me,
She done cut me off from a good, good love.
She told me that those days were gone.
Now I'm sitting here going half crazy,
'Cause I know she still thinks about me too,
And there ain't no way in hell, that I can be just friends with you."
~ Trey Songz

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

"So you finally decided to show up? For real this time?"

Mila spins around to see Gwen walking up to her with a smile. Gwen pulls Mila into a hug then hands her a lanyard.

Mila grabs the lanyard with her name on it and puts it over her head, "Yeah I thought it was time to stop hiding behind my looks."

Gwen nods, "Good! Finally I always wondered why you signed up for tutoring. You can literally recite the fundamental equation of thermodynamics in your sleep."

Mila rolls her eyes and follows Gwen as they walk throughout Oscorp, "Yeah yeah."

Mila quickly sucks as she sees Peter talking to Dr Connors. Gwen frowns in confusion looking at her sister on the ground.

"Uh what are you doing?"

"Um nothing. I thought I saw something."

"I'm just going to stop asking questions from now on. Come on I'll give you a tour around."

Peter pauses as he talks to Dr Connors. He sees Gwen wall by and he swears he saw Mila too. But what would she be doing at Oscorp. He needed to talk to her, and he hoped she would let him at school tomorrow.

...

"Mila!"

Mila speeds through the hallway and hurries into the library.

"Mila please wait."

She closes the library doors before hurrying through an aisle of books. She goes to a table in the corner and sits down, propping her book up to cover her face.

She waits a moment hoping that the person she was running from hadn't found her. Then she sighs sadly as she hears a bag drop on the table. The book falls as the person drags her chair closer to them.

"Rory..."

Mila looks up and frowns, "Parker..."

Peter frowns and takes Mila's hand into his. He making a pleading motion with his hands while shaking hers and giving her the puppy dog eyes, "Ror I'm sorry. Please I'm not avoiding you. If anything you're avoiding me..."

"No I'm not."

Peter's eyes widen as he stares at her in shock, "You just ran around the whole school. Just now... you did that. And you hid... granted you chose the worst place to hide because you know I love the library."