15: Where Have All The Good Men Gone

"Where have all the good men gone, And where are all the Gods? Where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds? Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed? Late at night I toss and I turn, And I dream of what I need."
~Bonnie Tyler

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Peter stands by the window quietly staring at Mila as she sleeps soundly on the hospital bed. It had been a few hours since she fell out a building and fainted. His hands were shaking in fear... he almost lost his best friend. For good. He couldn't imagine what he would do if he made a simple mistake and didn't save her. He wouldn't imagine. He had to continue keeping his superhero identity a secret otherwise she would be in danger... well more than usual.

The door handle twists as the door slowly opens with a slight creak. Peter curses before pulling on his mask and quickly climbing back through the window. He swings away on a web just as George Stacy walks into the hospital room.

George stands by Mila's bed staring down at her in concern. He shivers feeling a cold chill run down his spine. Glancing up he notices the window open. His eyebrows furrow in confusion as to why the window had been left open. Shrugging he walks over and closes it then locks it and sits down beside Mila.

After a few minutes he hears her groan and start to twist and turn. Her hands clench as she wakes up. Confusion is all over her face as she looks around at the hospital room.

"Daddy where am I?"

"You're in the hospital honey. Gave us all quite the scare."

"What happened?" Mila asks as she holds her head.

She couldn't remember anything. Last she remembered was Phil driving her to her photoshoot.

Gasping she quickly sits up, "Oh shoot! I'm late. Lane is going to be so upset."

George stands up holding onto Karina's shoulders, "You're not late sweetheart. You went to your photoshoot already and... an a-accident happened."

"Am I okay? I don't see any cast on me. Minus the cuts all over my arms."

"No honey you're fine. The doctor did say you may wake up and not remember what happened. But it was a traumatic event so it's quite normal. As long as you feel fine he said you're free to go."

George didn't want to tell Mila what happened today. Not only because it may trigger something in her but Spiderman was still on the police's wanted list. Just because he saved his daughter didn't mean they wouldn't stop him.