M is for...

Your POV

After the little exchange that you and Sans had, you couldn't help smile at the thought that you would always have Sans by your side, though you couldn't shake the thought and feeling that there is something that he isn't telling you, what does he mean when he says you can see the buttons. you decided that you would ask him soon, maybe not today but sometime soon. The three of you were sitting on the couch watching this guy? girl? Robot? you don't know, it's name was Mettaton. Paps stared at the TV in awe, you could tell that he has some sort of crush on the robot.

"Hey Paps..." you start. you didn't exactly know what you were gonna ask him, but you knew that you needed to get some sort of answer as to whether or not he likes this robot, and maybe some clarity of its gender. you don't want to assume genders here. 

(I have decided to rework the chapter to make it so that Mettaton's Gender in based on your own preferences) 

"WHAT IS IT HUMAN? DO YOU NOT LIKE THE MARVELOUS METTATON?" Paps said giving you a look of sadness.

"No it's not that, I just have a few questions about..." You pause for a moment not knowing what to call Mettaton. "...Mettaton..." Sans head perks up, clearly intrigued on what questions you were going to ask.

"ASK AWAY, HUMAN!" Paps said, clearly excited to answer some of your questions.

"Well My first question is... Um..." you didn't really wanna ask the first question, since it may sound a bit offensive.

"WELL, GO ON, WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY."

"Well WhatgenderismettatonimsorryifthatsoundsabitoffensiveIhonestlydontmeananythingbyit." you think you might have said that a little too fast because both of the skelebros looked at you with confusion. Well what you assume would be confusion, since they weren't speaking instead just staring at you dead in the eyes.

"Uh...Kid...Can you repeat that? this time maybe slowing down a little so that we could understand you a little bit better."

you sigh, for some reason you just didn't wanna embarrass yourself in front of Sans anymore than you already have. "What I said was, What is Mettaton's Gender, I don't mean to be rude or offensive or anything. I just don't quite know." The Skelebros start to laugh. "What's so funny? I'm being serious!" As you say this your A/E's and A/T (Animal Ears and Animal Tail, You thought I forgot didn't you) perk up, obviously as a response to being both angered and flustered at the same time. you started to remember a little bit about what happened when you were at school, constantly getting bullied. But those thoughts soon left your head, when Papy answered your question.

"METTATON IS INDEED A...! Paps pauses for a moment. "Actually I don't quite know.." WHAT IS THE NEXT QUESTION!"

"How did a robot get down here? Was it built here or?"

Sans answered this with only one word, "Alphys"

"Whose, Alphys" you ask, you had only been down here for about 5 days, so you don't really know much.

"ALPHYS IS THE ROYAL SCIENTIST THAT CREATED METTATON." Paps says with certainty, like he know what he was talking about which is kinda odd, though you've only known these two for 3.5 days you feel like you've known them for years, and Pap well let's just say that you don't think he is that good at well anything. (Not trying to roast Paps, just well its kinda true.)

"You know know that I think about it, I believe her and Undyne Had just gotten into a relationship not too long ago." Sans States while putting his hands in his pockets.

"Whose Un-" you didn't even get a chance to finish your sentence before the door was knocked down by some fish lady with a spear.

"WHERE IS IT! WHERE'S THE HUMAN!" The fish lady says clearly frantic, before landing eyes on me.

"Oh God" was the only words you could mutter before having a spear thrown at you, you were barely able to dodge.

"NYAH! So your able to dodge my attacks huh? well this one won't miss!" She grabs her spear and begins to pull her arm back, like she was going to throw it again.

"That's enough Undyne." Sans Utters.

"But.. what about the hu-"

"THE HUMAN IS FRIENDLY, SEE?" Paps grabs you by the waist and hoists you up on his shoulder, which wasn't that hard since your pretty light.

"Well...I guess if Paps thinks your ok, then I guess I won't kill you, but if you dare hurt him or anyone else."

"Yeah... yeah... I know" you say to the fish lady, who ,from what Sans said, is Undyne. "While we're on the topic, how did you even know I was here? I've only been here for 5 days."

Undyne mumbles something along the lines of "5 Days too long" before replying with "Papyrus told me about how you were challenging him, I thought that he was in danger so I came here as soon as I had gotten the opportunity."

"OH YEAH! I PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT IT WAS A SPAGHETTI MAKING COMPETITION!" Paps looks at all of us, you and Sans face palm while Undyne nearly shanks Pap.

"I thought you were in trouble! You should be cautious about how you say things." Undyne Retaliates. you study her for a moment, she has very noticeable red hair and is wearing a full set of armor. She is blue "Skinned?" with fins for ears. you start to walk closer to her, but you do so with caution, you don't wanna get murdered or something. The closer you get the taller She is, you were about 1 foot away and you had to look up at her because of how tall she is. you would guess shes probably about 6 feet, definitely taller than pap (In this story Undyne is taller than Papyrus, and she's only 6 feet. Deal with it.)

After about 20 minutes of introductions and learning a little more about all of the monsters here, you thought more about the one single question that you never got the chance to ask Papy.

"Hey Paps, I have one final question to ask you about Mettaton, since I didn't get to finish my question session earlier."

"WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION."

"Well..." Here goes nothing. you think to yourself. "Do you have a crush on Mettaton?" Paps was taken aback by the question, while Sans' bones started to rattle. He then said to you in a more quiet tone than you have ever heard him speak in.

"As much as my brother hates it, I do." Was the only thing that he says.

"Well who cares about what Sans thinks! (Sorry Sans >.<) You are your own...skeleton... and if you like Mettaton then what is there stopping you from conveying your undyne love?" Sans tries his best not to laugh at your terrible pun, while Undyne looks like she's half way to killing you on the spot. On the other hand,  Paps eyes lit up at the sudden realization that you were right.

"OH HUMAN! THANK YOU! I WILL TRY MY BEST TO GET METTATON TO NOTICE ME!" With that he walks out the hole where the door used to be. you turn to Sans and Undyne.

"Do you think he will be alright?" They both say the same thing at the same time.

"Nope, Not a chance."

Oh Boy...What Mess have I got Pap into?