Soul Searching (Part 1)

Your POV

You look at Sans, he seems to be really concerned with everything that has happened as of recent. It also seems as if every monster can remember resets when they happen. Though you don't actually know if resetting actually resets anything anymore since you have done it so much. You were currently pacing back in forth the living room thinking about what to do.

"Hey Sans..."

"Yes...babe?" You smile a little, no matter what has happened you have always had Sans there. You decided to make a promise to yourself that when you get to the surface you will show him all of the best places. But before that happens, you need to deal with the current problem which are the souls.

"Has something like this happened before? Why do you seem so scared of the souls escaping? It's not like they can harm anyone since the humans are dead and the should can't wield weapons or anything."

"Nothing like this has happened before but I do know what happened with Frisk..."

"You mean the Frisk that killed herself? What does she have anything to do with the current problem."

"A lot axe-ually." You snort a little at him trying to throw a sudden axe pun into the whole dilemma, you can also hear Paps from a distance groaning in agony from all of the puns.

"...go on..."

"When Frisk killed herself she lost her soul 'Determination' but it didn't quite disappear as everyone thought it would."

"Well if it didn't disappear then what happened to it."

"It went back to the person who originally had that trait, I didn't know who that was until..."

"Let me guess whenever Frisk died her soul remained until Chara somehow got a physical form and it went back to her. She did tell me that she was called to the barrier but she didn't know why."

"Exactly..."

"So what does that mean? it's Chara."

"What it means is that the soul can call out to humans and essentially transform them."

"So what you're saying is.."

"If the souls remain uncaptured, Then bad things may happen.

"Well, did the souls have any special interests, like for example did a human with that soul trait like anything? Regardless of what the soul trait is, you would probably find the soul-"

"Near something it liked." Sans pondered the question for a moment. "Actually yes."

"Then what are we waiting for."

~~Time Skip~~

"Um Sans.... where are we?"

"You'll find out... Hey Muffet." Sans calls out, a spider lady emerges.

"Sans? Why are you here?"

"No time to explain, have you seen an upside down green Soul anywhere?"

"No..."

Suddenly Mettaton enters "Hello darling~ I was won-." Mettaton stops mid sentence when he realizes that there is more than just Muffet here.

"What are you two doing here, especially Sans."

"We are looking for a-" Sans covers your mouth to prevent you from saying anything else.

"That is none of your business Mettaton, don't you have a show to run?"

Mettaton's smile starts to faulter a little. "Don't you have a couch to sleep on?" The two look at each other with hate in their eyes.

"You two out now! I will not tolerate fighting in my shop!" Mettaton and Sans look at each other before walking out the same way they entered.

"So...Muffet, if you see anything please let us know."

"I Will, also I'm running sale on all baked Items, would you like to purchase anything?"

"Sorry but Sans and I are kind of on a time crunch, but I'll come back later."

"Very Well..." She looks at you with a mixture of anger and Sadness, almost as if she hated that you didn't buy anything but at the same time was sad to see you go.

You walked outside, Sans was standing there and Mettaton was no where to be seen.

"So what happened when I was gone." You asked Sans.

"Nothing really, that bucket of bolts just left as soon as we went outside."

"Did you ask him about the soul."

"No but he did say that he has items that we might need, he found them in his cooking show kitchen. He also said that he wants to give them to you, you have to meet him at MTT resort, personally I don't like you going to see him, not to mention I don't like him being around Paps, but since the Underground is in danger I will allow it this once." You nod and kiss him on the cheek, which causes him to blush a bright blue. You turn away and begin to walk but before you get to far, Sans grabs your arm. "I'll take you." After about 30 seconds you were in front of MTT Resort.

"I'll see you in a minute, Sans." You kiss him once more and walk inside, there you were greeted by Mettaton. "How did you know I was here?"

"I knew because of your...boyfriend... anyway, here is what I wanted to give you." He hands you a Stained Apron and A Burnt Pan.

"That's it?"

"Sadly yes, I don't quite know what is going on but If this will help you then please take it." You grab the items and walk out of MTT Resort.

"So how did it go? He didn't do anything to you did he, cause if he dare even to-"

"It went good Sans, don't worry about it." He sighs relieved that nothing had happened.

"I'm sorry Y/N, you know I love you. It just... something about Mettaton makes me feel. I don't know how to explain it." You nod, and pulled him into a hug, he obviously hugged back. After a few minutes you stop hugging and begin to talk about what Mettaton gave you.

"Mettaton gave me this." You had him the Apron and Pan. He then looks at you confused.

"What good does this have?"

"I don't know, I thought that you might know. I mean you were the one who wanted to go on this adventure" The two of you stand in silence for a moment.

"Y/N... I don't think they are just breaking free..."

"What do you mean?"

"I think...I think that they may be trying to resurrect their bodies."