Soul Searching (Part 2)

Your POV

"But how could they go to their own bodies?"

"Even I don't know how." Sans says with a hint of frustration. "This may be a stretch but maybe if the souls were to collect the items that represent them they could somehow resurrect themselves."

"I mean it's a possibility, and it may be the only logical thing that we can think of. Do you think that maybe Alphys would know where the other items would be?"

"Possibly, if only Asgore were alive, then we could ask him..."

"What about Asriel?"

"Asriel would have absolutely no idea, He was stuck in a flower this whole time. But maybe..."

"We need to find Flowey now." You grab Sans' hand and he begins to teleport. After a few seconds you were in front of the entrance to the ruins. "Wait...why are we here?"

"Isn't it obvious? Flowey would be where you first s̸̬͝t̷̤͑ả̷͜r̵̭͌t̷͉̍ȩ̵͑d̵̩̚ ̴̜̉t̸͓͑h̴̘̓ē̵̳ ̶̛̤g̶̙͊a̸͖͒m̷̢̈e̸̦͑ fell."

"And how do you know this?"

"Kid, do you remember who you are talking to?"

"Right..."

"Come on we need to get through."

"Couldn't you just teleport me to the spot where I fell?"

"I wish I could babe, but I've never been past these doors, all that I know is that if we ask Tori to open the door then we can get through." Hearing her name hurt you, time and time again you have had to abandon her.

"Ok but I'm not going to be the one to ask her to open the door."

"Please just do it for me?" Sans looks at you with 'Puppy dog' eyes, well what looks to be puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh...fine, but only because the fate of the monsters is at risk." You knock on the door and wait for a few seconds before hearing a familiar voice.

"Hello?" The voice said, it was mom.

"H-Hi M-mom." The silence that filled the air was deadly. Until you heard what sounded to be the creaking of an old door moving.

"Hello, my child." You ran up to mom and hugged her, you missed her so much.

"Yo-Your not angry?"

"No my child, I'm just a bit disappointed that you left without telling me. But at least you're safe." Sans gives a slight cough, signaling that he wanted to talk.

"As much as Y/N and I would love to chat with you we kinda have to get goating. This is an urgent matter." Both you and mom broke down into laughter at the quick pun that Sans had thrown in.

"It's true though. We have a really urgent matter to attend to." Mom steps back and lets you pass. You immediately run through the corridor and into the main house.

~~Time Skip~~

You reach the spot where you first fell, you had promised Mom that you would come back and talk to her later after you talk with Flowey.

"Hello? Flowey? We need to talk."

"What do you and your smiley trashbag boyfriend want with me?" You looked down and were greeted by Flowey.

"Well lets just say that the souls have broke free and are trying to resurrect their bodies, we need to know where all of the lost items are."

"...and why should I help you?"

"...because one of the people affected was Chara." The three of you stay in silence for a moment.

"Fine, I'll help but just this once." He hands you a list. "All of the items and locations are on that list, along with what soul the belong to." You bend down and hug Flowey.

"Thank you."

"Yeah whatever, now just leave me alone." and with that he disappears into the ground. You begin to read the list.

(For this next part I used names from a picture I found on google, Image Above.)

Chara - Determination (Red). Items - Worn Dagger and Heart locket, found in Asgore's home

Sahana - Patience (Light Blue). Items - Toy Knife and Faded Ribbon, found in ruins.

"We can actually try to find those now once we finish reading this list." Sans nods.

Aaron - Bravery (Orange). Items - Tough Glove and Manly Bandanna, can be obtained from the snowdin shopkeeper.

Ingrid - Integrity (Blue/Dark Blue). Items - Ballet shoes and old tutu, found in waterfall.

Kester - Perseverance (Purple). Items - Torn notebook and cloudy glasses, can be obtained from Gerson.

"Then of course there is Kindness which we have already obtained the objects for."

Jesse - Justice (Yellow). Items - Empty gun and cowboy hat, and be obtained from Bratty and Catty.

You close the list and look at Sans, he seems to have been staring at you this whole time.

"Um Sans..."

"What? Oh sorry."

"Let's go find the toy knife and the ribbon while we're here." The two of you begin to walk back through the ruins, trying to discuss where the items would be when out of the corner of your eye you see a glimmer of light. "Come on Sans this way." You grab his hand and pull him close behind you, you walk about 10 steps when you suddenly are inside a room, nothing seems out of the ordinary, you continue to walk towards the light when you suddenly trip on a rock and fall down on top of something. A bag. You pick up the bag and open it, inside was the toy knife and the ribbon. "Sans! I found it!"

"Good, now lets get back." He takes the bag from you and the two of you, once again, begin to walk through the ruins back to Toriel's place. The two of you enter her home to see a freshly baked pie on the table and three clean plates."

"Back so soon my child? Sans?"

"Yeah we did what we needed to do."

"That wonderful, would you like a slice of pie?"

"Are you kidding? Of course I would. I've actually been craving your pie for weeks." Mom lightly chuckles and cuts you a slice, she also cuts Sans a slice as well.

"So my child, are you going to stay here tonight?" You hesitate for a moment, and look at Sans, he nods as if trying to say 'you can if you want'.

"I'll stay tonight." You say, the three of you talk for a little while before Sans leaves and only you and mom were left. "I'm going to sleep, I've had a long day."

"Goodnight my child."

"Goodnight mom."

"Goodnight Y/N" You hear someone say from behind you, you recognized the voice, but as soon as you turned around, it was gone. Must just be my imagination. You say to yourself, little did you know that it was much more real then you think.