Reset or Not

Your POV

"King Asgore...he's...dead"

You didn't know how to react to this news, were you supposed to be angry, sad, maybe shocked. The air seemed to start to get thicker with each passing minute. One by one we began to walk to the scene of the crime. Undyne on the way tells us the story of what she thinks happened, or at least what she walk in on.

"So I went to go see Asgore, I don't do this often but I decided that I would at least check occasionally. When I walk inside, he was laying on the floor, this vile not to far away from him." Undyne holds up a vile, it looks to have contained some sort of green liquid. She then puts in back in her pocket and continues the story. "Anyway, I ran over to check to see for any wounds of an attack, but there was nothing. I can only say that it looks like he did this himself. I wouldn't have the slightest clue why, he was living the 'high life' after all."

"Maybe it's because of Chara." Sans says under his breath, it was apparent that Undyne hadn't heard, but you had.

"Chara? You mean the one from the story you told me of frisk?" You must have said this a little to loud, because Undyne turned around at the speed of light.

"What do Chara and Frisk have anything to do with this?" you were about to explain when Sans holds his arm out in front of you, signaling to stay silent and let him handle this.

"Nothing really, I was just thinking out loud, Y/N must have heard." Undyne looks at us skeptically, but then shrugs and continues walking.

~~Time Skip brought to you by ☯︎☠︎✌︎💣︎☜︎ ☼︎☜︎👎︎✌︎👍︎❄︎☜︎👎︎☸︎~~

Undyne had brought us to the throne room, by this point almost all of the monsters knew about Asgore's death, some were taking it well, others were well, let's just say, not taking it too well. Some of the monsters decided that there would be some sort of funeral. (In this story, monsters don't turn to dust). you decided not to attend, not because you didn't care, but because you wanted to know who would do this.

"Hello again, Y/N" A voice behind you says.

"Chara, what are you doing here?"

"Didn't I tell you I would get my reset? The reset I deserved! I mean it's not like people will really miss him, since well he killed all those humans. Hell, you should have seen the look on his face when he was dying, Priceless." Sans was right, Chara did kill Asgore.

"Why...Why would you kill the guy you thought as your father? From what Sans-"

"That comedian doesn't know anything, so what if I called him my father at one point? That doesn't change what he did nor does that change how I felt or still feel about him. But enough about me. You have a choice to make. Either one, you reset and have everything go back to the way it was before, or leave things how they are now and B̵̯̊r̶̫̽e̶̗͝a̷̩͊k̸̞̂ ̸͉̀t̵̪̓h̴͚̃e̵̦̾ ̶̤̄g̴̞͗ă̵̪m̴̀͜ë̸̖ [̵͓̆N̵̝͠e̸̥͛w̸͓͌ ̶̰̀R̵̩͘ȩ̷̍s̸̺̆p̸͒ͅo̵̹͂n̸̝̍s̷̙͛ė̸̩ ̸̪͆Ĝ̸̨e̶̺̿ń̴̞e̷̖̍r̷̹̅ạ̸͒t̶̛̰i̴̜̽n̷̦̿g̶̟̉...]̷̗̉ break everyone's heart."

"I-"

"You don't have to choose now Y/N, I know that eventually you will make the right decision and reset." You were about to reply when she was gone. You knew you had to do something about this situation. Sans, he would know, he knows everything. You walk towards Sans' room and quietly knock, you enter and find the room empty. You were about to leave until you heard a voice calling your name.

"Y/N, why are you in my room?" You step back and slip over a hanger causing you to fall on Sans, similar to what happened with Paps except this time you weren't stuck. "Huh, I guess you really FELL for me." You snort, and within seconds the both of you are in a full on laughing attack.

"No but for real though, there's something important that I have to tell you." You say to him, Sans looks at you intrigued. "I wanted to tell you this sooner but I never had a chance... I might have talked to Chara before." Sans eye-sockets go completely black before saying in an extremely monotone voice,

"What did she say?"

"All that she really said is that she wants a reset and that she would do something to get it, then today when I-"

"Wait hold on, you've talked to her twice and you haven't told me? Wow, I misunderstood what happened between you and Paps but this, why would you keep something so serious a secret?"

"I-"

"You know what save it, I don't need any excuses, also no one else knows about you having the ability to reset. I came here to try and convince you not to reset, but now, maybe you should just reset. I'm done." Sans stands up and walks out. You sat there shocked, Did he really just break up with me? you thought. You didn't have the energy to think about it, and at the current moment you didn't wanna think about the pain. You open the menu, Man the more I stay here the more I feel like this place is some sort of game. You look between the two buttons one saying "continue" the other saying "reset" you close your eyes letting a few tears fall, you didn't know if you would even remain alive, but with the current situation with Sans and Asgore's death you didn't care if you would never wake up again.

~A few minutes later~

You wake up in the place where you had first fell, expecting a yellow flower to pop up and introduce himself as Flowey, but the longer you sat there the more you realized that it wasn't going to happen. You stand up and begin to walk towards the ruins.

"Child? What are you doing here? I thought you would be with Sans." A voice says. You recognize the voice, it's Toriel's.

"Oh...uhm...well I... I just need some rest." Toriel nods and you follow her through the ruins once more. Wait, aren't all of the monsters supposed to forget of my existence after a reset? Before you had time to fully process the question you had already reached Toriel's home, you walk inside and back into the room that you have been staying in.

Little did you know that the reset didn't fix things, It just made everything much,much,worse.