32| retreat

This chapter is dedicated to TheLadyOfSilver!

Your active support means the absolute world to me, and this book wouldn't be what it is without people like you <3

────── ༻♛༺ ──────

The first sensation that I regained was the intense throbbing of my head.

I blinked repeatedly, trying to put together the swirling pieces that danced across my vision. Shakily, I pushed myself off the ground. Every single strand of muscle ached, and the throbbing of my head only worsened as I attempted to sit up.

A high pitched ringing sound consumed my hearing as I tried to orientate myself with my new surroundings.

Aldion was still on the wall. He was safe, at least for now.

I wasn't.

Gingerly, I brought my fingers up to my head, wincing when I felt blood running down the side of my face.

I hope I didn't have a concussion. I had enough problems on my plate as it was.

Suddenly, my eyes fell on Aragorn, lying a few feet in front of me, unmoving. All concern for myself flew out the window as panic overtook my mind.

Ignoring the pain in every inch of my body, I grabbed my sword from the ground before scrambling to his side. As I quickly examined him, I noticed a large gash on the side of his head.

"Aragorn! Echuio (wake up), Aragorn!" I shook him frantically, but he remained unresponsive.

Uruks began to charge in from the breach in the wall, and I felt as if the world was closing in around me as their snarls and screeches grew closer and closer.

I couldn't leave my brother behind.

But there was no way I would be able to defend myself against the vast amount of incoming Uruks.

"Daeriel! Aragorn!" Gimli shouted from atop the wall.

Picking up his axe, he dove straight into the incoming horde of Uruks with a growl, ferociously swinging until he was thrown backwards into the water.

"Gimli!" I cried.

Still kneeling next to Aragorn, I frantically scanned my surroundings, my eyes catching onto the group of elves who had gathered behind us, their bows drawn.

"Hado i philinn (Release your arrows)!" I ordered, surprised at the authority in my own voice, gesturing towards the Uruks.

They released their arrows on my command. The volley whizzed over my head, accurately puncturing the armour of the first wave of attackers.

As they collapsed to the floor, I let out a shrill whistle, calling for Aldion.

"Natho Gimli (Help Gimli)!" I yelled, my voice ringing out over the other sounds of battle.

With a few leaps, Aldion bounded down the staircase, taking the still sputtering Gimli in his mouth and dragging him to where we were.

Finally turning my attention back to Aragorn, I gently placed my hand against his wound. Focusing my breathing, I felt the tips of my fingers begin to tingle with warmth.

"Come on..." I muttered under my breath.

Quickly, I felt the gash begin to heal. To my huge relief, Aragorn's eyes fluttered open.